Resources Limited, Open Video Fail?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two of my Dahua cameras are IPC-HDW4300C. Every few days, when I try to access the cameras live stream video, one of them offers the message "Resources Limited, Open Video Fail". I can access the web interface, but cannot view the live stream other than this message. My only option at this point is to reset the camera by unplugging the power. Has anyone had his problem?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After reading various blogs concerning this issue, it seems to be a bandwidth problem rather than a problem with a specific camera. However, of the three cameras I have connected to my Dahua NVR, only the IPC-HDW400Cs' are dropping out. Not the IPC-HFW4300S. Incidentally, all cameras are connected by Ethernet to an Asus RT-N66U router. I have been experimenting with various video settings on the two misbehaving cameras. I have lowered the frame rate to 15 FPS and the bit rate to 2048. So...I have my fingers crossed.

So, this begs these questions:

Are there better routers that have more bandwidth capabilities? Incidentally, I am experiencing these problems on my local area connection.

Is it better to connect directly to an NVR with your cameras? My NVR has only one Ethernet port and is connected to the Asus router. The three cameras are connected to the router via a switch.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The asus is more than capable of handling those cameras. What switch are you using?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using a Negtear ProSAFE FS105NA 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch. What bothers me is that when I switch one of the problematic IPC-HDW4300Cs' with a spare IPC-HFW4300S, the video is solid. Do the IPC-HDW4300Cs' have that excessive of a bandwidth demand? The only difference I can ascertain is that the latter has audio. I'll tell you fenderman, this video camera business is very sonfusicating!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am using a Negtear ProSAFE FS105NA 5-Port Fast Ethernet Switch. What bothers me is that when I switch one of the problematic IPC-HDW4300Cs' with a spare IPC-HFW4300S, the video is solid. Do the IPC-HDW4300Cs' have that excessive of a bandwidth demand? The only difference I can ascertain is that the latter has audio. I'll tell you fenderman, this video camera business is very sonfusicating!
No the 4300 has doesnt use any more bandwidth than the other dahua cameras. It could be a firmware issue or a plugin issue..try uninstalling the plugin and or using a different browser. How are you powering the cameras?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am powering the cameras with TP-Link TL-PoE150SGigabit PoE Injector adapters. I am pretty sure it is not a plugin issue because when the video is not available on my PC, or the NVR, it is also not available on my iPhone via the iDMSS app. The same goes for the browser. So, it must be a firmware issue. Hopefully, I will find an update somewhere. Thanks for your help.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased the camera on Amazon from a company called SafeGuard Designs. I've tried to contact them several times regarding firmware upgrades, but they have completely ignored me. On a more positive note, I did manage to solve the problem of the video dropping out by lowering the Bit Rate to 2048 with the Bit Rate type set to CBR (Constant Bit Rate). I can understand why one would try to manage the bandwidth of a camera if the video cannot be accessed on the WAN, but I've had to do this to access the video while on the LAN. So, it seems that there must be a limit to the bandwidth of a router on the Local Area Network.