Retail Counter Cam

mikeduncan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, need a suggest on a cam that would be ideal for a downward view in a retail environment. Currently have a 720P Foscam (I know, I know) but it has served me pretty well. I am ready to be able to read the dates on pennies now. I am shooting from about 5 feet overhead and have 24 hour a day consistent lighting more or less (we never close)

I have attached an image of the current cam that I want to replace so you can see what I am working with. I can't say that money is not an object, but I am ready to invest in something rock solid and a high enough resolution that I can really zoom in with.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Attachments

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, need a suggest on a cam that would be ideal for a downward view in a retail environment. Currently have a 720P Foscam (I know, I know) but it has served me pretty well. I am ready to be able to read the dates on pennies now. I am shooting from about 5 feet overhead and have 24 hour a day consistent lighting more or less (we never close)

I have attached an image of the current cam that I want to replace so you can see what I am working with. I can't say that money is not an object, but I am ready to invest in something rock solid and a high enough resolution that I can really zoom in with.

Thanks for any suggestions :)
Convenience store?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
With good lighting all the time you could go with a nice 4mp running at 30fps.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk