Returning defective DS-2CD2032 camera

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I need to send this camera back because it stopped working.It had been connecting intermittently for a week or so but now doesnt connect at all to the NVR or SADP.The IR lights still work so I assume its getting power, its just not connecting.Brought it in house and used different cable with the same results.
Anyway,when I send it back,what information is stored on the camera that they may have access too.Passwords? My email settings? etc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I need to send this camera back because it stopped working.It had been connecting intermittently for a week or so but now doesnt connect at all to the NVR or SADP.The IR lights still work so I assume its getting power, its just not connecting.Brought it in house and used different cable with the same results.
Anyway,when I send it back,what information is stored on the camera that they may have access too.Passwords? My email settings? etc.
Do a hard reset with the button on back. Hold button THEN apply power and keep holding for 15-30 seconds.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok Thanks,just tried that a couple times. Ir lights work but still no connection.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Thanks,just tried that a couple times. Ir lights work but still no connection.
The reset should remove all your info...the only private data is your email password....just change it if you are concerned.