Review-Dahua DB-10 Video Doorbell

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Courtesy of Andy at @EMPIRETECANDY we have another cam to look over.
It was provided in exchange for a fair review.

Highlights:
>The DB10 Video Doorbell.
>Operates up to 5 months on a single charge
> Wire-free installation and Wi-Fi connection
> Up to 1080P HD video talk with 140° horizontal angle
> IR powered night vision
> PIR detection with 5 configurable zones
> Cloud talk, cloud storage (optional)
> Up to a 64gb micro sd for local storage.
> $157.00 at time of this writing.

Can be seen here at Andy's store: Aliexpress.com : Buy DB10 Battery Video Doorbell Clould talk, clould storage DB10, free DHL shipping. from Reliable talk talk suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

Spec sheet: http://www.dahuaconsumer.com/upload/2017/12/08/1512713577133510p57.pdf

It takes 3.5hrs to charge with a 2amp USB charger.

You need to install the Lechange app (previously known as Easy4ip) from your favorite app store on your phone. You then use the app for all setup and to connect the unit to your wifi network.

20180307_120823.jpg 20180307_120828.jpg 20180307_120852.jpg

Reset button just above the two screw holes. The screw holes are for connecting to a doorbell (optional). Below that is the USB charging port, and the MicroSd card slot. No power is drawn from the hard wiring.
20180307_121013.jpg

It can record to the local sd card, or to Dahua's Lechange cloud storage. First 30 days of a 7 day cloud storage trial is free, then $4.99 per month. There is also a 30 day storage option for $9.99 per month.
There is no direct way to record to BI or to an NVR, that I have found anyway. Connecting to it's IP address times out.

Wifi Range seems to be good, I have tried it 40' from the router, through 4 walls, and no issues.

It has a bracket that is first mounted to the wall, then the unit fits into the bracket and is secured by one screw on the bottom.
20180307_133745.jpg 20180307_141012.jpg

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still shot taken from phone app.

20180307141607.jpg

Video Sample:

Only way to view live video is to use your phone and the app. This works on demand, most of the time.
When motion is detected, it records a short video or takes a snap shot, your choice in setup, but can't do both. You also get a push alert on motion. The PIR is adjustable in coverage and sensitivity. Since I couldn't get and SD card to work, I'm using the cloud trial.

Some of the negatives:
  • Tried 3 different Micro SD cards, none recognized, and fail at a format attempt.
  • Pressing the door bell button, sends a push alert, you should be able to click on the alert, and connect to the doorbell, and converse with the visitor. That either fails completely or you see the live video and when you press the answer button on the phone, you get a failed to connect error.
  • There are no video adjustments that can be made.
  • There are no thumbnails sent with the push notifications, there is a place holder for one, but none sent.
  • More times than not, when pressing on the push notification, the app force closes. This occurs on two different phones.
  • I have to choose two time zones away from me to get the time correct on the alerts, and videos.
  • If you want to hook up an actual doorbell, you will need a fairly good sized hole to stuff the wires back into behind this unit.
  • No way to change the push alert sound, it's whatever the default the phone use's.
I'm sure that all the issue's listed above can be resolved with firmware and app updates.
Hopefully they will add at least some backlight adjustments.
I will post some night shots later this evening.
And some full sun daytime shots hopefully tomorrow.

Something I didn't cover? Ask away. ;)

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have discovered that the IR does not illuminate until it sense's motion.
Video motion recording does not include audio.

Couple of samples.

Last edited:

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Courtesy of Andy at @EMPIRETECANDY we have another cam to look over.
It was provided in exchange for a fair review.

Highlights:
>The DB10 Video Doorbell.
>Operates up to 5 months on a single charge
> Wire-free installation and Wi-Fi connection
> Up to 1080P HD video talk with 140° horizontal angle
> IR powered night vision
> PIR detection with 5 configurable zones
> Cloud talk, cloud storage (optional)
> Up to a 64gb micro sd for local storage.
> $157.00 at time of this writing.

Can be seen here at Andy's store: Aliexpress.com : Buy DB10 Battery Video Doorbell Clould talk, clould storage DB10, free DHL shipping. from Reliable talk talk suppliers on Empire Technology Co., Ltd

Spec sheet: http://www.dahuaconsumer.com/upload/2017/12/08/1512713577133510p57.pdf

It takes 3.5hrs to charge with a 2amp USB charger.

You need to install the Lechange app (previously known as Easy4ip) from your favorite app store on your phone. You then use the app for all setup and to connect the unit to your wifi network.

View attachment 27333 View attachment 27334 View attachment 27335

Reset button just above the two screw holes. The screw holes are for connecting to a doorbell (optional). Below that is the USB charging port, and the MicroSd card slot. No power is drawn from the hard wiring.
View attachment 27336

It can record to the local sd card, or to Dahua's Lechange cloud storage. First 30 days of a 7 day cloud storage trial is free, then $4.99 per month. There is also a 30 day storage option for $9.99 per month.
There is no direct way to record to BI or to an NVR, that I have found anyway. Connecting to it's IP address times out.

Wifi Range seems to be good, I have tried it 40' from the router, through 4 walls, and no issues.

It has a bracket that is first mounted to the wall, then the unit fits into the bracket and is secured by one screw on the bottom.
View attachment 27339 View attachment 27340
Looking forward to some pics, Not sure I would be warm and fuzzy about sending my door pics to a Chinese cloud server.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@looney2ns thank you for doing this review, and Andy for helping out.

Does it record to SD continuously or just on events?

Last edited:

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to admit to being very skeptical of how long a battery charge will last. It sure can't have a 3000mah, 18650, inside of it. Will it charge from doorbell power or only USB?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have to admit to being very skeptical of how long a battery charge will last. It sure can't have a 3000mah, 18650, inside of it. Will it charge from doorbell power or only USB?
Copy that. I've had it since Monday, charged and have played extensively with it since. But that's a long ways from 5 months. Or even 2.5 months claim that I read somewhere else.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want to hook up an actual doorbell, you will need a fairly good sized hole to stuff the wires back into behind this unit.
Did you hook it to your existing doorbell wiring?
Does it trigger the chime as you'd expect?
Any hum or noise at the chime?
Did you check with an amp meter that it's pulling basically no power?

Try an ExFat formatted microsd card or even ext3/4. Also try a smaller card.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, but I don't have a traditional Door Bell. It goes to my HAI Omni.
Yes, it triggers the Omni fine. But it's just closing an Elk delay relay. ;)

I will check with an amp meter tomorrow, to double ck.

I will pick up a smaller card tomorrow and give it a try.
Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will pick up a smaller card tomorrow and give it a try.
Try 32GB or smaller. You probably have an old 2-8gb one somewhere.
Yes, it triggers the Omni fine. But it's just closing an Elk delay relay. ;)

I will check with an amp meter tomorrow, to double ck.
The Omni/relay combination would be current limiting even if it could draw power.
Most doorbells are 16VAC so that's a bit different for sure. What Elk product are you using with your Omni / is this just to debounce? Did your old doorbell button light up?

I'm curious about the initial power up. Did you just connect the charger? Was a quick push of the reset button all it took to power it up, a plastic pull tab, etc.?

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the inherent problems I notice with doorbell, or even door, cameras is the contrast problems from being in an alcove and looking out onto the street. I know they're the current "rage" but really wonder if it's worth the headaches.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any way to get their cloud to save 1080p video or to export 1080p video?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try 32GB or smaller. You probably have an old 2-8gb one somewhere.

The Omni/relay combination would be current limiting even if it could draw power.
Most doorbells are 16VAC so that's a bit different for sure. What Elk product are you using with your Omni / is this just to debounce? Did your old doorbell button light up?

I'm curious about the initial power up. Did you just connect the charger? Was a quick push of the reset button all it took to power it up, a plastic pull tab, etc.?
I'm using the elk-960 timer relay to extend the button press to a full 1 or 2 seconds (don't recall exactly) so the Omni will recognize reliably. Some people pushed the doorbell button too briefly at times. Old door bell button hasn't lit up since I connected it to the Omni.
ELK-960 Delay Timer Module

Initial power up was accomplished by holding down the call button for 5 seconds.

I have not found a way to export 1080P video, it comes out 480P. Maybe when I get the SD card ironed out that will change.
When I do a manual record from the app on my phone, it records at 360p, and includes sound.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Someone else mentions not able to format or use an SD card.

Dahua Video Doorbell DB10
@looney2ns What is the firmware version on the doorbell? I check if have newer one. have you ever test (When the doorbell is pressed, I do get a video call from the app. It takes at least 6-8 seconds to connect, and I cannot hear any audio.)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns What is the firmware version on the doorbell? I check if have newer one. have you ever test (When the doorbell is pressed, I do get a video call from the app. It takes at least 6-8 seconds to connect, and I cannot hear any audio.)
version xxxxxxxx.R.20171113
I don't see a way to manually update the firmware. Lechange automatically checks for updates from the cloud.

If I press the doorbell button, I get a push alert almost instantly. Then on the phone, when I tap on the push alert, the Lechange app gives the error connect failed, and sometimes the app close's as well. The log then says. videoCALLnoanswer.