Review-Dahua IPC-C26EP Active Deterrence 2mp WiFi cam

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Courtesy of @EMPIRETECANDY at Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group we have another cam to check out.

I have received this camera in exchange for a fair and honest review.
This camera appears to be marketed through their LeChange brand.

I have been unable to find very much official info on this camera. The LeChange website has been down for a couple of days, that may explain what I mention below.
Here is what little I've come up with:
  • 2 Megapixel CMOS
  • Built-in Microphone and Speaker
  • Built-in Siren (110dB, enable manually)
  • Built-in spotlight on motion (works only in nightvision mode)
  • Built-in PIR sensor (to reduce false motion alarms)
  • MIMO Dual Antenne (for long range WiFi)
  • IP-65 water resistent (don't use in open environment*)
  • H.265 dual-stream encoding
  • Max.30 fps @1080P(1920x1080)
  • IMOU cloud support app
  • 2.8mm fixed lens, 111 degrees viewing angle
  • IR distance 10 meter
  • Built-in spotlight on motion
  • Wi-Fi support (MIMO technology, dual antenne)
  • Micro SD memory slot upto 128GB
  • Use's a USB charger style power supply, included.
  • 3 year warranty
IPC-C26EP-Lechange -- Lechange Active Deterrence Wi-Fi Camera LOOC

Besides professional needs, Lechange LOOC, an active deterrence Wi-Fi camera could be a brand new choice for consumers who are interested in the security upgrades for their properties. Supported by high-quality PIR sensor, built-in spotlight and 110dB security siren, LOOC enables long-distance monitoring and can effectively scare away unwelcomed visitors before they break in, while also send notification to your smartphone. LOOC is also entitled with a series of customer-oriented features, including IP65 weatherproof design, multiple bracket options and diverse rubber skin color choices, which will suit the consumers’ need one way or another.

The problem is, I've not been able to get it connected to my Wifi. The status lights do exactly what the manual states. I attempt to add it to the IMOU app, which by the way, Norton now flags as sending data to an Amazon server in California. Yippeee.

Enter the serial # via scanning Qcode, enter the WiFi password, click next and the app then outputs a cuckoo sound over and over. The mic on the camera is supposed to pick that up and do it's thing, but it just sits, saying it is adding it to my router. Always fails.

I've reset the cam to factory defaults numerous times, I've tried 3 different cell phones, and stood on my head with my leg pointing north, all the while holding my mouth correctly, and no reward.
I've tried this multiple times over the past several days. It could be I suppose that the Lechange server is down, as I mentioned above that the LeChange website is.

I will continue to try to setup, and if any success occurs I'll add more here.
Now how do I get that Cuckoo sound out of my head!
Happy New Year!

IMG_20181228_133303716.jpg IMG_20181228_133932154.jpg IMG_20181228_134006511.jpg IMG_20181228_134019777.jpg IMG_20181228_134054956.jpg IMG_20181228_134201502.jpg IMG_20181230_162803658.jpg IMG_20181230_162922448.jpg

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya gotta do the "naked eggplant dance", Looney. Dance, naked, in your backyard with an eggplant on your head, on an even day of an odd month, in the rain, under the light of a full moon. Pictures are another requirement!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After having wrestled around with the A46 a few months back, reading your recap of everything you've done to try and get this new model online reminds me why I swore I'd never get another of their consumer-branded cameras again! :)

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
I was going to comment that what you're seeing here seems to be the norm for all the stuff that wants to run in the "clouds". Another "not yet ready for prime time player".

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
An additional comment and a question for Looney.

It's a shame because this looks like a fairly decent camera and combination for the "average" consumer. It does need some "fine tuning" , from the sound of things though.

Looney, is that a 220 volt wall wart I see there in the photo?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An additional comment and a question for Looney.

It's a shame because this looks like a fairly decent camera and combination for the "average" consumer. It does need some "fine tuning" , from the sound of things though.

Looney, is that a 220 volt wall wart I see there in the photo?
As we have discussed in the past, firmware QC seems........well lacking.
It is a nicely built cam.
Yes, that is correct on the wall wart. I had a suitable spare to use for testing.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have read somewhere that this camera has two QR codes on the box, one for the app and the other one for the camera.

The person who had troubles with it, also tried to connect it, and failed to.

In the end it was the QR code that was wrong on the box, as it didn't match the one from the camera. The user connected it by entering the camera's serial number in the app, and he got it connected then.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only one label on this box. No label on the camera. No luck manually entering serial #.
Hmm that's a bummer. I had hoped it would work. Does your router has mac address filtering enabled, so that only whitelisted clients can connect to it?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
@looney2ns .. try turning off mobile data on your phone, and try to connect again. see if that works

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A follow up to this. I was never able to get this cam to work using the standard methods.
  • IMOU app will NOT connect to it nor set it up.
  • I disassembled the cam, and scanned the Qrcode on a circuit board. Nope.
  • gDMSS will NOT set it up, it fails with something about a message not received, connection failed.
  • I used Ipconfig tool to initialize the camera then...
  • I was able to connect it to my router by using WPS on the router. I discovered by accident that the cam had WPS. It is now connected to the router, and after manually setting it up in gDMSS I can view the picture, hear sound, talk works, but find no way to control the siren or spot light.
  • I can find no way to change cam settings in gDMSS, I see some menu items, but the don't do anything.
  • I can view the picture and hear sound via Blue Iris, not yet had time to try the NVR.
  • After connecting to my router, via WPS, I still find no way to get it to communicate with the IMOU app.
  • Trying to access the cam via a web browser fails.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns hows this camera holding out? ( just noticed a deal on the Q-see version at a US vendor )

Vidar

n3wb
Reaction score
A follow up to this. I was never able to get this cam to work using the standard methods.
  • IMOU app will NOT connect to it nor set it up.
  • I disassembled the cam, and scanned the Qrcode on a circuit board. Nope.
  • gDMSS will NOT set it up, it fails with something about a message not received, connection failed.
  • I used Ipconfig tool to initialize the camera then...
  • I was able to connect it to my router by using WPS on the router. I discovered by accident that the cam had WPS. It is now connected to the router, and after manually setting it up in gDMSS I can view the picture, hear sound, talk works, but find no way to control the siren or spot light.
  • I can find no way to change cam settings in gDMSS, I see some menu items, but the don't do anything.
  • I can view the picture and hear sound via Blue Iris, not yet had time to try the NVR.
  • After connecting to my router, via WPS, I still find no way to get it to communicate with the IMOU app.
  • Trying to access the cam via a web browser fails.
Been having the same issue as you when trying to add these to our network. Only 'solution' I've found is that the cameras are required to be added to a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. So the wifi router had to be changed to this subnet to be able to use the 'Cuckoo' method :) Beyond that you can later change the IP of the camera by using the IMOU config app.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Been having the same issue as you when trying to add these to our network. Only 'solution' I've found is that the cameras are required to be added to a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet. So the wifi router had to be changed to this subnet to be able to use the 'Cuckoo' method :) Beyond that you can later change the IP of the camera by using the IMOU config app.
Thanks @Vidar

Let us know how it is going with your camera.

I'm very curious if we can use this with an Dahua OEM NVR, Blue Iris, or other VMS

Q-see currently has them on sale for a good reduction, would be nice to know if they're a reasonable deal once we break them free from their cloud bindings.

FYI -

Q-see looks like they're having a sale on their version...
4 PACK 1080P SMART HOME WI-FI OUTDOOR BEACON CAMERAS - (QCW2MPSL-4)

1080p Smart Home Wi-Fi Outdoor Beacon Camera - 4 Pack (QCW2MPSL-4) Wi-Fi - Q-See
$79.99 $139.99

( note: on another forum JSquare posted "QSEEWELCOME15 coupon for new customers." - check if the code works, it has been around for a bit )

Q-see data sheet

btw - the Lorex data sheet
1080p Active Deterrence WiFi Security Camera
LNW16XF ( note Lorex appears to no longer carry this on their website, and has replaced it with W281AA-W )

Last edited: