Review-IPC-E3241F-AS-M Loryta (dahua) 2mp 2.8mm mini dome.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Loryta IPC-E3241F-AS-M 2.8mm from @EMPIRETECANDY
2MP Mini Dome Network Camera
This is a Dahua OEM with @EMPIRETECANDY model #

Review unit courtesy of Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: link
Andy's AliExpress store: link
Andy's Amazon store: link
Andy's Email: kingsecurity2014 (at) 163 (dot) com

Price Approximately US $110.00
Purchase from Amazon here: Link
Andy's Aliexpress store here: Link

I have the 2.8mm lens version.

Please try to keep this thread on topic

2MP, 1/2.8” CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition
Outputs max. 2MP (1920 × 1080)@30 fps
H.265 codec, high compression rate, low bit rate
Built-in IR LED, max. IR distance: 50 m
ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments
Rotation mode, WDR, 3D DNR, HLC, BLC, digital watermarking, applicable to various monitoring scenes
Intelligent detection: Intrusion, tripwire(support the classification and accurate detection of vehicle and human)
Abnormality detection: Motion detection, video tampering, scene changing, audio detection, no SD card, SD card full, SD card error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, voltage detection
Supports max. 256 G Micro SD card, built-in Mic
12V DC/POE power supply
IP67, IK10 protection
SMD Plus
Full Spec sheet: Here

PXL_20201211_215437649.MP.jpgPXL_20201211_215447911.MP.jpgPXL_20201211_215738524.MP.jpgPXL_20201211_215821642.MP.jpg

I've had this camera up and running for a little over a week now.
This is the new version of the old standby that is popular to use mounted on a wall next to the front door at 5ft as a good face capture camera.
It has a better lux rating, and some AI ability's, Including Smd, Ivs Tripwire and intrusion with Human and Automobile AI filtering, which all works as expected in my testing.

For the test's I set the camera to a shutter range of 1/60-1/30000 or 0.03ms to 16.67 ms. I used the same settings day and night.
H265, at 4096 CBR.

Other than that, the sound is excellent. ;)

All video recorded and exported from Blue Iris.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
How is this model compared to the IPC-E3541F-AS-M? Shouldn't the IPC-E3541F-AS-M dethrone this model reviewed here?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
hey guys

the latest SMD 3.0 firmware for this IPC-T3241T-ZAS has been updated on this link. Welcome to make updating!

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@looney2ns

I know this thread is several months old, did you ever find a fix for the focus issue you mentioned in the review?

I recently picked up one of these cams in 3.6 from Andy's Amazon store and it also has focus issues. I have tried a number of settings with and without the wedge dome and it just seems out of focus. I have compared it against similar cams with similar resolution and it is just off, somewhat blurry, not focused to my eyes.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@looney2ns

I know this thread is several months old, did you ever find a fix for the focus issue you mentioned in the review?

I recently picked up one of these cams in 3.6 from Andy's Amazon store and it also has focus issues. I have tried a number of settings with and without the wedge dome and it just seems out of focus. I have compared it against similar cams with similar resolution and it is just off, somewhat blurry, not focused to my eyes.
I didn't look any further into it.
If you wanted to tackle it, you would need to disassemble the ball that the camera is in and see if the lens can be rotated to adjust the focus. Or send it back for a replacement.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't look any further into it.
If you wanted to tackle it, you would need to disassemble the ball that the camera is in and see if the lens can be rotated to adjust the focus. Or send it back for a replacement.
Thanks, let me mull it over. It is not unusable, just off a bit. I went in and played with the settings today and made sure ROI was disabled (it was).

jmpage2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This camera was suggested for an entry area cam. The install guide for the camera shows needing a wall bracket for wall mounting.

Can the camera be wall mounted and the lens oriented and rotated to provide coverage?

The camera it would be replacing is shown in the photo below.

IMG_9172.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This camera was suggested for an entry area cam. The install guide for the camera shows needing a wall bracket for wall mounting.

Can the camera be wall mounted and the lens oriented and rotated to provide coverage?

The camera it would be replacing is shown in the photo below.

View attachment 155430
Yes you can mount it either way.