Review-OEM IPC-T2231T-ZS Ver 2, 2mp Varifocal Starlight Camera

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm I didn’t think about cleaning. I have two Ptz cameras from Andy arriving Tuesday according to my tracking number. Thanks for idea to sanitize them guys.
SD22204T-GN
sd1a203t-gn
I think @EMPIRETECANDY mentioned that DHL sanitizes the boxes (somehow).

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
When I spoke to DHL in-person at their service facility, they told that there is no disinfection protocol in place. The lady gave me a blank stare at first then said that viruses would typically die as they undergo different exposure of different environments and that by the time it arrives in customer's hands, package would be virus-free. Some viruses have different incubation timef-rames. Your immune system is active 24/7, I wouldn't too much about it. DHL and other logistics company would be in trouble if they were to know that packages were carriers of viruses.

Ultimately, this stuff is airborne regardless, its going to eventually penetrate densely packed areas

I think @EMPIRETECANDY mentioned that DHL sanitizes the boxes (somehow).

kc8hnz

n3wb
Reaction score
Which mount are these going to be using, DH-PFB203W like the older 2231's? Looking to upgrade the few Hik domes I bought and installed before discovering this forum.

Reaction score
Hmmmmmm I didn’t think about cleaning. I have two Ptz cameras from Andy arriving Tuesday according to my tracking number. Thanks for idea to sanitize them guys.
SD22204T-GN
sd1a203t-gn
My package arrived, I did not sanitize them they are up and running for a week now and I feel fine. From all reports it would not survive the trip over here. I hung them a week ago and i feel fine.

Reaction score
Which mount are these going to be using, DH-PFB203W like the older 2231's? Looking to upgrade the few Hik domes I bought and installed before discovering this forum.
Not sure as i did not use a mount for mine, just hung it under the eve.

felzy5

n3wb
Reaction score
I kind of doubt that there will be a smaller varifocal turret anytime soon, but who knows.

This form factor came out a few years ago. Dahua has gone on to shrink the size of their fixed-lens turrets in newer camera series, but those series don’t have a varifocal turret model at all. :(

I found a siding mount block with barely enough room behind it to hide the camera pigtail. I liked its look better than the normal junction box.

Arlington Industries 8131-1 8131 Wall Plate, 1/4-inch or 5/16-inch Siding & Shingles, White Arlington Industries 8131-1 8131 Wall Plate, 1/4-inch or 5/16-inch Siding & Shingles, White - Electrical Boxes - Amazon.com

View attachment 55295

View attachment 55296
Sir, about to pull the trigger on these but question is, how does the camera mount to this siding block. I only see two screw holes in the block and it doesn’t appear that they line up with camera base.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sir, about to pull the trigger on these but question is, how does the camera mount to this siding block. I only see two screw holes in the block and it doesn’t appear that they line up with camera base.
This siding block is generic and the pre-punched holes in it most definitely did not line up for my 5542 camera. I was able to screw the 5442's mount ring directly into the siding block, not using any of the predrilled holes.

My Home Depot sells these... if yours does too, might be worth buying locally so you can try test fitting. If you run into any issues, should be an easy return.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
@aristobrat do you have the link of the siding block you purchased? Just want to see if it can work a future application, thanks :)
This siding block is generic and the pre-punched holes in it most definitely did not line up for my 5542 camera. I was able to screw the 5442's mount ring directly into the siding block, not using any of the predrilled holes.

My Home Depot sells these... if yours does too, might be worth buying locally so you can try test fitting. If you run into any issues, should be an easy return.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@aristobrat do you have the link of the siding block you purchased? Just want to see if it can work a future application, thanks :)
Amazon:
Arlington Industries 8131-1 8131 Wall Plate, 1/4-inch or 5/16-inch Siding & Shingles, White - Electrical Boxes - Amazon.com

Home Depot:

Note that this particular model# was sized for my particular siding (Hardie Plank cement board). They have other model#s sized for other siding types (like vinyl, etc).

I'm not sure how changing the size of the block (for a different type of siding) might affect how much room is behind the block to stuff the cameras cable in. It was a very tight fit with the block I used.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

nites07

n3wb
Reaction score
I just set up my IPC-T2231T-ZS but I'm finding the video quality to be very grainy. If I zoom into an object and let the camera auto focus the video is clear. But when zoomed all the way out it just seems very grainy. Anything I could adjust to make things better. Overall I'm very happy with the camera and night vision is very good.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are using the zoom button betond where the camera will zoom (Optical zoom) and focus by itself? If so that’s digital zoom. Digital zoom will pixelate (grainy) on any camera.

nites07

n3wb
Reaction score
It turns out that it was just my monitor that was causing the image to look the way it does. I viewed the main stream from a few other monitors and it looked way better,

felzy5

n3wb
Reaction score
Amazon:
Arlington Industries 8131-1 8131 Wall Plate, 1/4-inch or 5/16-inch Siding & Shingles, White - Electrical Boxes - Amazon.com

Home Depot:

Note that this particular model# was sized for my particular siding (Hardie Plank cement board). They have other model#s sized for other siding types (like vinyl, etc).

I'm not sure how changing the size of the block (for a different type of siding) might affect how much room is behind the block to stuff the cameras cable in. It was a very tight fit with the block I used.
Amazon:

Home Depot:

PM sent.

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this as my starter camera with BlueIris. I don't find it listed as one of the known cameras in BlueIris, so I set it up as shown below. Are these the best settings for this camera? The password is the ONVIF password.

1590678856747.png