Revotech - no signal in BI, RTP works in VLC

Reaction score
I have a Revotech Fisheye 2MP IP cam. I can stream the video fine from it using VLC on the workstation with BI installed using the following URL rtsp://<IP Address>/live0.264 this is a 25FPS 1920 x 1080 stream.

In BI I have added in the usual way - slap IP address in and then click the Find/Inspect Button which generates:

Opening <IP Address> port 80...
HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2017-10-16T15:49:57.000Z
Requesting device information...
Manufacturer: NVSIP
Model: NVSIP-IPC
FirmwareVersion: V2.4.4639m(17830003) - 20160922 NVSIP
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Imaging services: /onvif/device_service
Has media services: /onvif/device_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
first profile is MainStreamToken
first source is videoSourceToken
requesting URI for profile MainStreamToken
RTSP URI: /live0.264
Has Event services: /onvif/device_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 1
InputConnectors: 1
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_service
AudioOutputs: 0
Has PTZ service: /onvif/device_service
Done

Save the settings and I get No Signal displayed in BI . I have tried changing the config to RTP and setting the exact same URL as when I use VLC but get the same result.

Any ideas?

Attachments

webcan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the exact same Issue but with the " FHD 1920 x 1080P 2.0MP IP Camera 24 LED IR Indoor Dome Security Camera ONVIF Night Vision P2P IP CCTV Cam with IR-Cut"
I had another one but a less high rez and had no issues at all. I just put in the path "/live0.264 " and pretty much all was ok but Not this time.. I have been trying for hours with not cigar :(

The camera works perfectly in Onvif and in the browser webpage..

If you get an answer to this let me know..

webcan

n3wb
Reaction score
My camera ( the one that's not working ) has the same firmware version " V2.4.4639m(17830003) - 20160922 NVSIP" as you do..!!!

My other camera from "Revotech" ( one that works in BI ) has a different firmware version.. I wonder if its a firmware version issue?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Revotech Fisheye 2MP IP cam. I can stream the video fine from it using VLC on the workstation with BI installed using the following URL rtsp://<IP Address>/live0.264 this is a 25FPS 1920 x 1080 stream.

I have tried changing the config to RTP and setting the exact same URL as when I use VLC but get the same result.

Any ideas?
Have you tried "rtsp://<IP Address>:554/live0.264" (putting in colon & RTSP port) for BI's URL ? Won't hurt to try.

webcan

n3wb
Reaction score
I found the issue. The firmware version requires that we enter in a password for the feed to work.. ( We cannot leave the password field blank ).

The camera work great actually, its super clear :)