RLC410

BB78

n3wb
Reaction score
Just bought the 2 pack of 5mp reolink super HD cameras because I need evidence of the stupid cow next door that’s harassing me, she’s just thrown a handful of stones at my kitchen window whilst I’m standing here, there’s no point in me going to the Police because me witnessing it is not sufficient evidence apparently that’s what they said when I caught her breaking into my garden and nicking something damaging my gate in the process. What I need to know is what is the micro SD card I need to get and what junction box because those connectors are huge to come through the wall. Found the junction box but is there a cheaper option as I need 2 & £28.99 is a bit much.
I’m talking about what this guy says in his YouTube review: and do I need a laptop for initial setup?
As this comes supplied with a plug am I right in assuming it that that is how it’s powered, one is needed to cover the front garden which will be mounted on the wall 6 metres from the virgin hub so either 10metre Ethernet cable needs to go up around the ceiling to reach it or if it’s powered off the plug then it’s not a problem there is a socket nearby.
I know it’s not the camera in the review its this one:

New to IP cameras just want to put a stop to this childish behaviour I’ve had 10 years of it, Police and Anti social behaviour department of council doing nothing. I want some peace and quiet and security to enjoy living in my own home.
Thanks in advance from a newbie.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reolink is crap. I removed the links to spam youtube videos. You need a micro sd card. Lots of threads discussing various cards.

BB78

n3wb
Reaction score
Gotta do something silly cow is attacking in broad daylight whilst I’m standing here and no-one is interested in stopping her.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gotta do something silly cow is attacking in broad daylight whilst I’m standing here and no-one is interested in stopping her.
If she's that brazen then record her with a smartphone and show that to the Police. IMO, if she is threatening bodily harm or damaging property and a video with audio proves it they'll be hard pressed to ignore your claims.

BB78

n3wb
Reaction score
If she's that brazen then record her with a smartphone and show that to the Police. IMO, if she is threatening bodily harm or damaging property and a video with audio proves it they'll be hard pressed to ignore your claims.
Attacking in so much as throwing stones at the window but I’ve got to know that’s what she’s up to , I can’t stand recording the garden on my phone 24/7, I happened to be standing in the kitchen yesterday when she did it but never dreamt she was that stupid or brazen. Plus she keeps moving the bins when I go out to obstruct the path it’s very childish behaviour which constitutes harassment because of my disability.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Attacking in so much as throwing stones at the window but I’ve got to know that’s what she’s up to , I can’t stand recording the garden on my phone 24/7, I happened to be standing in the kitchen yesterday when she did it but never dreamt she was that stupid or brazen. Plus she keeps moving the bins when I go out to obstruct the path it’s very childish behaviour which constitutes harassment because of my disability.
That clarifies things., as I didn't understand initially that you are disabled. No, you can't stand there recording her with a phone 24/7 and yes, 2 or more cameras are in order. As petty or childish as her behavior might be deemed, especially by people who are not disabled, I would not care to tolerate it either.

There are some inconsiderate and downright mean people in this world. The good news is that they are in the minority.

BB78

n3wb
Reaction score
The additional camera is to cover my car which I can’t see because it’s behind my back fence, she’s let my tyres down before (dangerous) , scratched all down the passenger side down to the metalwork.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reolink is crap. I removed the links to spam youtube videos. You need a micro sd card. Lots of threads discussing various cards.
Can confirm this statement. Reolink is cr*p and I recommend you to avoid it at all cost. There have been several Reddit reports on their NVR frying up along with their cameras degrading quality. Totally recommend Dahua/Andys cameras. If you give Andy your price point and description of the situation, he'l sure recommend you the best suited camera.

P.S. Long time customer of Andy :D

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ah if that's the case, hope all goes well. I did some homework for you regarding the RLC-410 and it seems the Reolink states "Reolink cameras accept Micro SD cards only, with up to 64 GB capacity". Since you don't have it's NVR, you can setup the camera in Chrome Firefox, or Internet Explorer to configure it, just enter it's IP URL. After you log on to the camera, you might be required to install a plug-in. If so, install it. Otherwise, you will see the video live view screen as follows

Andy's contact details are here: EMPIRETECANDY if you need him.

BB78

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah if that's the case, hope all goes well. I did some homework for you regarding the RLC-410 and it seems the Reolink states "Reolink cameras accept Micro SD cards only, with up to 64 GB capacity". Since you don't have it's NVR, you can setup the camera in Chrome Firefox, or Internet Explorer to configure it, just enter it's IP URL. After you log on to the camera, you might be required to install a plug-in. If so, install it. Otherwise, you will see the video live view screen as follows

Andy's contact details are here: EMPIRETECANDY if you need him.
Thanks for that sounds like I need to find a reason to return these cameras as my laptop died and I haven’t replaced it yet .