Robbery Up The Street Today

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
There was a break in at a house up the street today. They broke the sliding glass door to gain entry into the house. That is a rare one for this neighborhood. Usually it is a unlocked door or window and that is also rare as we do not have many house break ins. Car door checkers yes.

The street the house is on dead ends into a cul-de-sac. Fortunately I have a camera covering the area and I can see the cars coming and going. I can also see the license plates. So I gave the police 6 plates to check out plus an Audi that only had a paper plate in the rear. Nothing in the front or the windshield. There was a Ford Flex that did not have a front plate but I was able to get the rear plate from another camera.

It happened between 12 noon and 1pm. Surprisingly there was not that much traffic. I am going to go back and look at the recordings to see if I can find anything else.

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you run a week or two's worth of footage through openalpr you could probably figure out which of those 6 plates don't belong.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
We wanna see! ;)
Not much to see. Just cars coming and going up and down the street. My cameras do not cover the house where the robbery occurred. There is a slight curve to the road from where I live. However I can get the plates of cars coming and going.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
If you run a week or two's worth of footage through openalpr you could probably figure out which of those 6 plates don't belong.
The police are doing that. You are right though as a couple of those cars do belong on that street.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
The police are doing that. You are right though as a couple of those cars do belong on that street.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We know it's just cars running up and down a street, but we're nerds here. lol We still are interested in the camera, and how it's performing given it's specific situation be it the install, the software etc... lol

Nice to be able to help out the neighborhood. Hopefully they get a lead. I'm sure they were appreciative.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I will see what I can do later today. There is a black Audi A4 that we think is the culprit. The timing is perfect and the lady saw it parked in front of her house when she left.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a still picture of the car we think was involved in the house robbery. No front plate, no paper work in the windshield for a new car and a paper plate in the rear. This picture is looking North. The house that got robbed is about 8-10 houses up on the West side of the street. Not likely this will get solved unless he pawns the stolen guitar. Jewelry was also taken. The camera is a Hikvision PTZ and the focus is about where the car is. It covers the sidewalks on both sides plus the comings and goings on the street. From another camera I was able to get a good look at the rear of the car and see the paper plate. I have a total of 15 cameras. Lots to cover. Hahahaha

What happened was the lady left for around 50 minutes to run some errands at 12:04. This car was parked out front with the motor running. When she got back she found the rear sliding glass door had be shattered and he gained entry in that manner. At that point she called 911. He went through the whole house looking for items to steal. She got back at 12: 54 and called 911 at 12:56. The other cars have pretty much checked out. The theory as to why he picked that particular house is that he saw her leaving the house.

One more thing the lady across the street saw a strange man in the back yard. She called her husband instead of the police.

Black Audi Onyx Robbery. .jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually I think the car is a very dark blue. Here is a picture of the car from the rear showing the paper plate. That almost looks like a Chrysler logo on the paper plate. Funny as the same exact type car is on another street in the track. It also still has the dealer plate put it is from Circle Audi and has the paperwork in the window.

Now this camera is a Hikvision Bullet and it is for keeping an eye on things over the wall and across the street. It can also pick up license plates during the day or parked at night with the lights off. It has a 1/1.8" sensor. "If" he had had a plate I would have nailed him.

Onyx Robbery Car Rear A_Moment.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It was reported that the lady across the street saw a strange man in her back yard about the time this was all going on. Well I went back and carefully looked at the tape to see if I could get a glimpse of the person. Sure enough I was able to do just that. A glimpse and a time line. This pretty much seals the deal on it being the Audi as it fits the timeline perfectly. Here is that picture. You have to look at the upper left of the picture between the palm tree and the edge of the picture. You can compare it to the picture below.

Onyx Robbery Man_Moment.jpg

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the Audi turning the corner and going up the street. This starts the timeline. By the way with the way the sun is shining on the Audi it has a blue tinge to it. Maybe the car is a very dark blue.

Onyx Robbery Audi Coming.png

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe the car is a very dark blue.
100% dark blue. It's quite apparent if you've got a monitor with good color.
Looking at the Audi website, a number of their cars are available in shades of dark blue with names like "moonlight blue metalic" and "cosmos blue metalic"

to me it looks like the Audi A4 or S4

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
100% dark blue. It's quite apparent if you've got a monitor with good color.
Looking at the Audi website, a number of their cars are available in shades of dark blue with names like "moonlight blue metalic" and "cosmos blue metalic"

to me it looks like the Audi A4 or S4
It is an Audi A4. You can see the back of the car in the picture a few posts above. Here is what I think happened. The targeted house was the one across the street from the house that actually got robbed. He goes up the street, makes a U-turn and parks in front of the house that got robbed and directly across the street from the targeted house. By the way those people are from India.

He gets out of the car and goes across the street as seen in the picture. While in the back yard and prowling around he senses that someone is home. So he leaves to go back to his car. However the lady that got robbed has her garage door opened and is getting ready to leave and do some errands. He waits and watches her leave. He does not want her to see him. Then he has the bright idea of robbing her house which he did. So IMHO the lady left her house at the wrong time and the robber saw an opportunity and went for it.

So the reason he went to the house he did lies with the people from India who live across the street. Now they have had work done on their house and have had vendors coming and going. So that is a possibility.