Router question

milamber

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, first off apologies if this is not the right section to post this question, mod please move to where it is appropriate.

I have several cameras on my network that's working properly but just today I saw two of them seems to be disconnected. I used Fing app and I can see the cameras up and running, tried pinging them and they are replying back. However I can't connect to both of the ipcam IPs through my browser. Tried the working cameras and I can access their browser page. So this led me to think the router is suddenly blocking them. My router model is Totolink N300RB and as far as I know there was no update or modification done to it. I'm pretty noob when it comes to router, what should I do in this scenario?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More info needed, such as:
1) Are the two cams that are 'disconnected', are they wired or wireless?
2) Same question regarding the cams that are 'working properly'.
3) Does the router have any port(s) forwarded to any cam(s) ?
4) Have you tried power-cycling the two 'disconnected' cams ?

The Fing app should display the ports available on a cam when you select that cam, scroll down and select 'Scan Services'. Have you done that on a 'disconnected' cam and got the expected info? For example, if Fing reveals the HTTP port for that cam as '99' are you attempting to log in with your browser at 'http://XXX.YYY.ZZZ:99' with (of course) your cam's IP in place of X, Y and Z ?

milamber

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

1. Both are wired
2. The working ones are also wired
3. I tried to search for a list of port forwarding but for the life of me I can't find it on the router page
4. Have not tried resetting them, they are all PoE, can I just unplug and replug them?

Also additional info, I noticed the cameras has been assigned random ports, such as 80,89, 88,91, and 93 (done by camera tech support couple of years ago). Port used by the disconnected cameras is also being used by working cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi!

1. Both are wired
2. The working ones are also wired
3. I tried to search for a list of port forwarding but for the life of me I can't find it on the router page
4. Have not tried resetting them, they are all PoE, can I just unplug and replug them?

Also additional info, I noticed the cameras has been assigned random ports, such as 80,89, 88,91, and 93 (done by camera tech support couple of years ago). Port used by the disconnected cameras is also being used by working cameras.
I assume you found those ports ("80,89, 88,91, and 93') by logging into the cam's GUI and viewing its network / connection settings?
If so, great. If not able to log into cams, you may have to reset cams to default values, log into each cam and set username / password, IP address, HTTP port, etc. to a known value and write it down.
Download the manual to your router here: http://totolink.net/include/download.asp?path=down/010300&file=N300RB User Manual.zip
Insure each cam has a static IP compatible with your LAN and is not set to DHCP (wherein your router assigns the IP). Assign each cam a HTTP port numbered between 81 through 99, write down the IP of that cam and it's associated port number for HTTP. Look at section "5.3.1 Port Forwarding" on page 23 of the manual, log into the router and forward each port to the assigned cam IP. Start with 1 cam and if you get it going, replicate the procedure on the others, using the IP / port matchups you wrote down.
If POE, then unplugging/plugging network cable (as in CAT-5 or 6) in will cycle power. To reset to default values, many POE cams have a reset button on end of a 'Y' cable near where the network cable plugs in. Check camera documentation. Maybe my first 2 questions should have been: "...What make/model are these 2 non-working cams?" And the ones that work?