run as service looses bind address on reboot

Juggler

n3wb
Reaction score
Windows 10

Blue Iris v4.5.0.2 (running as service)

I’ve enabled run as a service and have run the “remote access wizard”. On rebooting the computer, Blue Iris seems to loose the previous bind address and instead runs the web service on the loopback (127.0.0.1) instead of the static IP I’ve assigned the computer.

I can fix this by re-running the remote access wizard from the Web Access preferences, however I need to do this on every single reboot.

Is this a known bug? Is there a way for me to enter the LAN IP instead of relying on the wizard?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny you would be having trouble with this. I think my Blue Iris listens on all addresses and the chosen interface only matters for BI trying to determine if an IP address is on the LAN or not.

There is a dropdown list in the web server tab where you can choose the IP you want. If that doesn't work, you could try going to Windows's service control panel and enable delayed start for the Blue Iris service: How to delay loading of specific Services in Windows 10/8/7 That will give your network adapter more than enough time to get initialized in case that is the issue.

Juggler

n3wb
Reaction score
Funny you would be having trouble with this. I think my Blue Iris listens on all addresses and the chosen interface only matters for BI trying to determine if an IP address is on the LAN or not.

There is a dropdown list in the web server tab where you can choose the IP you want. If that doesn't work, you could try going to Windows's service control panel and enable delayed start for the Blue Iris service: How to delay loading of specific Services in Windows 10/8/7 That will give your network adapter more than enough time to get initialized in case that is the issue.
That did the trick... thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk