Run database maintenance less frequently or only during certain hours

juliandom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, is there a way to configure Blue Iris to run database maintenance (moving files to a NAS for example) less frequently or only during certain times? I'm trying to make my NAS hibernate when there's no activity, but Blue Iris keeps it busy every few minutes, preventing it from hibernating my HDDs

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From the help file I do not believe that is possible. I think you would have to do it manually by not showing those storage areas and then add them and hit run maintenance and let it do its thing, then delete the storage area in the setup.

Database maintenance is ran each 5 minutes. This is the function that actually deletes and
moves files between folders according to the rules defined.

juliandom

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I have read that same thing... I was wondering if there's a way to tweak those 5 minutes... even if with a registry key or something not in the Settings.
I though about scripting it with a task scheduler, but I don't think I can move the files under BI's back, and still have BlueIris know about them in its DB, can I?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
send an email to support and ask the question about modifying the time. You will need to leave a lot of free space (green) on the internal drive so that it can over flow while waiting to move. This will cause allocation errors.

I do not think that this is a good idea.

juliandom

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I'm not expecting to set this to full days... but even a 1 or 2-hour interval would leave enough time to no fill up all my hard drive, and allow enough time to hibernate my NAS HDDs. This is not just to save power usage (which is a good thing), but also wear and tear of the HDDs so they last longer. I don't think it's such a bad idea...

juliandom

n3wb
Reaction score
The default. "New" folder for new recordings, with a 30gb size and max 1 day old, and that is moved to "Stored" in the NAS

Last edited: