Running as Admin but Traffic-light and profile selection disabled

afreire

n3wb
Reaction score
HI,
I've searched this forum and couldnt find the answer, so either very rare, or something that is so simple to solve that doesnt get asked.. but I'm just at a loss..

The traffic light and the profile selection is greyed out in the Windows desktop app, running windows10 x64

I know I can change these outside of the app from the android, Echo and Webinterface.. but for some reason this is disabled in the app

BI is running as a service, and GUI starts runs as Administrator.. what am I missing

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
HI,
I've searched this forum and couldnt find the answer, so either very rare, or something that is so simple to solve that doesnt get asked.. but I'm just at a loss..

The traffic light and the profile selection is greyed out in the Windows desktop app, running windows10 x64

I know I can change these outside of the app from the android, Echo and Webinterface.. but for some reason this is disabled in the app

BI is running as a service, and GUI starts runs as Administrator.. what am I missing
did you delete or make changes to the user named admin in blue iris options>users?

afreire

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh!! thats it.. thank you..I downgraded the admin user to normal user and created a second administrator!
(rationale, I login over the web with a user other than admin as I realised was a bit of hardwork to setup the https

Thanks again! an well spotted!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahh!! thats it.. thank you..I downgraded the admin user to normal user and created a second administrator!
(rationale, I login over the web with a user other than admin as I realised was a bit of hardwork to setup the https

Thanks again! an well spotted!
if you leave that admin account in its default state it cannot be accessed via the web...alternatively simply create a long password..and also select lan only..