Running as service problem

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated a few days ago and I seem to be having problems with BI running as a service, running as a stand alone seems ok.
But if I try to run it as a service I keep getting a popup saying "The service is not initialising properly", but after I click Ok and wait for about 5 minutes it shows you in the task manager as running.

If I then start BI up again, after 2 minutes I can see the cameras.

Is there a way to reinstall the service in case it is corrupted, or could it be something else.

See screen shot.

Attachments

revtmyers

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting the same issue with the service not running properly. Then from that point forward, unless I reboot, I can start it up without getting that error. My problem is now I am not getting any camera feeds as well on all 12 cameras. All the information is correct, as nothing as changed, and I can see each camera operating in a web browser just fine. It just happened with most recent update. Before the update everything appeared to be working. Even turned off all firewalls to see if that helped with no improvement.

infamousdx

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had this exact same thing happen to me today. Last night, feeds on 2 of my cams went out unexpectedly. I restarted BI and got this message. Rebooted the PC and same thing.

EDIT: Uninstalled. Fresh install. Imported my backup file. Everything is back to normal. Wish I knew wtf happened!

Last edited: