Running BI without a camera configured?

csqnpronto

n3wb
Reaction score
This might be a strange question but if I explain the situation maybe someone can advise. I've built a Birdnesting box with a mini wifi camera installed for my grandchildren and I'm pleased to say there is a Bluetit Mum, with 9 eggs, in residence. I have a single camera licence which suits as I will only be using one camera however I would like to be able to view, and edit, the many hours of BVR recordings on a different PC to the one that is managing the camera. I thought it would be a simple case of installing BI on the second PC but without configuring a camera thus complying with the licence(???). This does not appear to be possible without adding a camera. Yes I can convert the BVR files to MP4 but I won't have the excellent playback features of BI. Any advice would be appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This might be a strange question but if I explain the situation maybe someone can advise. I've built a Birdnesting box with a mini wifi camera installed for my grandchildren and I'm pleased to say there is a Bluetit Mum, with 9 eggs, in residence. I have a single camera licence which suits as I will only be using one camera however I would like to be able to view, and edit, the many hours of BVR recordings on a different PC to the one that is managing the camera. I thought it would be a simple case of installing BI on the second PC but without configuring a camera thus complying with the licence(???). This does not appear to be possible without adding a camera. Yes I can convert the BVR files to MP4 but I won't have the excellent playback features of BI. Any advice would be appreciated.
You can do this on a second pc using the built in web interface UI3.
If you copy the bvr file and move it to another pc you can use the expired demo of BI to play it.
If you want the full blue iris interface you will have to buy a second license and use the remote option. In the past the developer sold the second license for half price. Not sure if that applies to the 1 cam version but you can ask.

csqnpronto

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman for your prompt and helpful response. I managed by installing BI on second PC and copied all relevant BVR files to the same PC. There was no requirement to add a camera to have the full playback faciliy of BI. One of the other good things is I now know about this brilliant site. Once again Many Thanks.