S: 5MP Dome+ POE +WDR + microphone

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi,
i search a Dome IP cam with 5mp,poe,wdr and a intern microphone.
I use Blue Iris.
Pice max 130$ Thanks
Thanks

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Two $70 Dahua IPC-HDW4431C-A turrets @ 4mp for 8mp? Mix the lenses up and, for instance, get a broad view of your driveway and lawn with a 3.6mm and ID detail in the driveway with a 6 or 8mm. With twice the IR you'll get even better low light performance.

I don't know of any decent cams that completely meet your requirements. If night performance is very important to you, get yourself one of these for a few dollars over your budget- Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

The improvement in night-time picture detail will gain you more than you lose in the day to the lower pixel count, particularly if low light performance is most important.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a good choice if you will be using the SD card slot. You didn't mention needing one. If not then the 4431C-A version is cheaper ($70) but no SD card slot. It might be slightly higher delivered to Germany.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ah okay hm Blueiris not use the SD-Card .. You have a link to 4431C-A ? But it has a Mic ?
In description i found mic only with AS

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
why its only 2mp ? And 135$ ?
Because its a starlight camera...dont fall for the resolution scam...5mp is NOT 2.5x better than 1080p...you will suffer low light issues....with domes you will have ir reflection issues. Buy a reliable brand with a good sensor...forget the hype. If you get the varifocal model, then the 1080p camera can actually produce a higher pixel per inch depending on the exact level of zoom you use.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ahh okay cool but ..
what is a varifocal model ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it means it has a motorized zoom.. its a 2.7mm to 12mm with everything inbetween; takes away all the guesswork of picking the right lens combination.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh cool you have a link ? I find only cams with manual lens

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
okay thanks many cool cams .
zoom is cool but i think a fix lens is okay for my house entrance.
see screen from my bad cam .. day okay but night ..

Which would you recommend? Max 180$

Attachments

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Is that your car? If yes then getting that starlight varifocal nayr reviews would be great for balancing zoom and field of view to fit through the entranceway without wasting pixels on the walls. Night vision for covering the car will be very good and it fits your budget. Consider turning the lens so that the widescreen view is vertical instead of horizontal.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need to rotate the actual lens, he means turn the camera...the camera is a turret so the ball rotates in any direction you wish.