Same hardware, different brand

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi.

I found a shop selling rebranded Dahua cameras and the original ones. The rebranded are 4€ cheaper. I'm guessing the firmware will be a problem so are the original ones better. I'm not 100% it is same camera but they seem to have identical specs. Which one is better?

Are these cameras worth it? both are ~100€
HFW1220S
HDBW1220E
(Both models have some random numbers after them but I didn't find any other models with those numbers so..)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read up on the differences in the dahua Chinese cameras. Provide the complete model numbers. Are the cameras software upgradable.
It is recommended that you get the cameras from Andy. To save you some headaches.

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The models numbers with those numbers don't exists and seem to be only for the distributor. Those seem not to be chinese models because of information found on dahua website.

Both have "S3" suffix. However it too seems to be distributor spesific and no mention on naming table.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would not buy them. Somehow it stinks to much, and i think those are Chinese market ones. You will end up with a headache if you buy them.

"If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and feels like shit, you don't have to actually eat it to know it's shit"

Better buy them from @EMPIRETECANDY . Saves you a lot of trouble..

e007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I would not buy them. Somehow it stinks to much, and i think those are Chinese market ones. You will end up with a headache if you buy them.

"If it looks like shit, smells like shit, and feels like shit, you don't have to actually eat it to know it's shit"

Better buy them from @EMPIRETECANDY . Saves you a lot of trouble..
But the store seems to be very professional and authorized reseller (if that is a thing). I don't think they are Chinese and the shop is based in EU. It looks ok for me but I just want to make sure that they are upgradable. Isn't it usually possible to use original Dahua firmware on rebranded ones? I know it may void warranty.

The results I found by searching were on official site.
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/5511

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But the store seems to be very professional and authorized reseller (if that is a thing). I don't think they are Chinese and the shop is based in EU. It looks ok for me but I just want to make sure that they are upgradable. Isn't it usually possible to use original Dahua firmware on rebranded ones? I know it may void warranty.

The results I found by searching were on official site.
https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/5511
Hi e007,

IMHO That is rather pricey for that camera in 2MP 100€

I would recommend finding a better value.

Andy ( in the vendor section ) is selling better 2MP Dahua OEM starlight turrets IPC-HDW42xx at around $120 w/shipping to the USA. I would think he'd have something close to that to ship to Finland
( also do check out the Nordic Cam bird video posted here by Andy - one of his clients bought a Dahua OEM 2MP starlight for covering an Osprey nest in North Finland iirc )