Samsung TV with Tizen Broswer viewing BI web page

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
Any thoughts as to why I'm getting the undefined: MEDIA_ERR_DECODE message when trying to view the blue Iris web portal? See attached pictures. It works on my other browsers and hoping to get this Samsung TV working with this. ThanksIMG_20190410_221404.jpg

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Oddly, after seeing your posting I tried the Samsung browser, which used to be error-free. In my case, all the initial load layers showed 'OK' and the ui3 page loaded fine. I then went to Settings to see what version of Samsung software I had (1202 as I recall). Then when I went back to the browser, there was an error pop-up:

"Information
An unexpected error has occurred in /ui3.htm (v 70 / 4.8.6.3).
A full refresh may solve the problem (CTRL+F5). If you wish to
report the error, please SCREENSHOT the browser now.

Uncaught ReferenceError: vc_request_action is not defined
at [1.1]
Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; Linux; Tizen 4.0) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, Like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/2.1 Chrome/56.0.2924.0
TV Safari/537.36"

After clicking OK, the error moved to a red box in the lower right.
After clicking into that red box, it went away. It's still okay after 10 minutes.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Oddly, after seeing your posting I tried the Samsung browser, which used to be error-free. In my case, all the initial load layers showed 'OK' and the ui3 page loaded fine. I then went to Settings to see what version of Samsung software I had (1202 as I recall). Then when I went back to the browser, there was an error pop-up:

"Information
An unexpected error has occurred in /ui3.htm (v 70 / 4.8.6.3).
A full refresh may solve the problem (CTRL+F5). If you wish to
report the error, please SCREENSHOT the browser now.

Uncaught ReferenceError: vc_request_action is not defined
at [1.1]
Mozilla/5.0 (SMART-TV; Linux; Tizen 4.0) AppleWebKit/537.36
(KHTML, Like Gecko) SamsungBrowser/2.1 Chrome/56.0.2924.0
TV Safari/537.36"

After clicking OK, the error moved to a red box in the lower right.
After clicking into that red box, it went away. It's still okay after 10 minutes.
This is a bug in Samsung's web browser which UI3 is reporting to you because UI3 does that for all errors.

Try changing the streaming quality to jpg HD, that’s the only way I can view it on my Samsung TV
Yes, and it is lucky that works. On my own Samsung TV (from 2015) there is nothing I can do to make UI3 run properly. It is just not a very good browser built into that TV.