Scheds make no sense

bucko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am struggling with the Scheds and profiles functions. Spend a long time reading and watching videos on setup and use, but find my settings do not work.

My needs are very simple. I want BI to switch profiles manually only. I do not want to use any scheds at all. My HA controller simply sends a lua command to change a profile. If my security is disarmed, BI goes to my Home profile. If armed away, BI goes to Away profile. That's it.
I have scheds disabled in options and all cams.
The profiles switch as they are supposed to.

Looking at the profile box, the timer is always on, so after 480 minutes BI turns off the profile and I have no profile highlighted.

How do I configure BI to keep a profile active until it is switched again and not interfere with it at all? I want it to just stick and remain active.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am struggling with the Scheds and profiles functions. Spend a long time reading and watching videos on setup and use, but find my settings do not work.

My needs are very simple. I want BI to switch profiles manually only. I do not want to use any scheds at all. My HA controller simply sends a lua command to change a profile. If my security is disarmed, BI goes to my Home profile. If armed away, BI goes to Away profile. That's it.
I have scheds disabled in options and all cams.
The profiles switch as they are supposed to.

Looking at the profile box, the timer is always on, so after 480 minutes BI turns off the profile and I have no profile highlighted.

How do I configure BI to keep a profile active until it is switched again and not interfere with it at all? I want it to just stick and remain active.
no profile highlighted is the same as profile 1...you are setting the temp profile...that is limited to 480 minuets by default..you can change this in blue iris options>profiles to a much longer interval...but the best solution is to use the proper command to hold the profile rather than temp...
from the help file
/admin?profile=x&lock=y Set the active profile to x. Use x=-1 to toggle the lock status, or set the lock=y, 0=run, 1=temp, 2=hold