Schedule/Profile changes in Blue Iris

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am currently running three profiles in Blue Iris. I have a HOME/AWAY/NIGHT Profiles. The night schedule is Midnight to 6:00 AM. I have two cameras that I want to be INACTIVE when at home and activate and go to a specific preset in the NIGHT profile. The camera will activate at midnight and go to desired preset but for the life of me I cannot get them to change presets after 6:00 AM. I'm sure this is because I have them set to go inactive in profle 1 (Home). So, I went into each camera's setting and set up a camera specific schedule which seemed to work OK. Only problem is when I leave and go ouside the geo-fence (AWAY) the cameras do not activate. Is there anyway to set this up? If I over ride global setting it does not work in (AWAY) mode.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On the Camera ’Schedule’ tabs...
1. Have you checked ‘Use global schedule when this schedule shows clear/inactive’?
2. To manage the presets, are you using the ‘Event schedule’? If so, have you checked the ’Search-back’ control?

If these suggestions don’t resolve your isssue, please post screenshots of your AWAY profile schedule, Camera override schedules, and Camera event schedules.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the Camera ’Schedule’ tabs...
1. Have you checked ‘Use global schedule when this schedule shows clear/inactive’?
2. To manage the presets, are you using the ‘Event schedule’? If so, have you checked the ’Search-back’ control?

If these suggestions don’t resolve your isssue, please post screenshots of your AWAY profile schedule, Camera override schedules, and Camera event schedules.
I have not tried global schedule when clear/inactive, but I will try that. I do have Search back at startup checked.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the camera schedule you can see that I do not have a "home" schedule drawn. I do not want the cameras to be active when I am home so it is not selected in the global setting to be active. It is activating now in the away and nighttime settings using the settings you see in the screen shot. If it is already in preset one, it will change to preset2 in both away and night modes but it still will not return to preset 1 when the schedule changes to home. I suspect it has something to do with my global schedule for this camera which is set to inactive for this camera in home.

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I do not want the cameras to be active when I am home
I assume you mean not recording and/or detecting motion.

Sometimes an example is helpful. Here’s my Global schedule. Note that it has no inactive periods. The Daytime and Evening profiles do not record or detect motion.

1616726226784.jpeg

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's kinda they way I have mine but I only have the home & night schedule. However, I do have a couple of profiles that I manually activate when I am out in the yard. I guess I am over thinking this. AM I correct in assuming that you went into each camera and set them to motion and record off.

Attachments

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I use two Global schedules: 'Home' & 'Away'. They typically get activated by our device 'Enter geofence' and 'Exit geofence' Action sets.
The 'Nighttime' (red) and 'Away' (yellow) profiles continuously record & detect motion and people.
1616824353706.png 1616824393868.png

My indoor cams have no override schedule... and therefore are totally managed by the global schedule.
1616824453952.png

My outdoor cams use the following override schedules.
1. The 'Continuous' (brown) profile continuously records & detects motion and people
2. The backyard cam is handle a bit differently; it does does not detect people during daytime and evening hours via the 'ContNoSentry' (cyan) profile.
1616824535039.png 1616824595829.png

If I'm working outside the house for an extended period of time I usually 'Pause' specific cameras via my phone app for the time period I expect to be out.

Last edited:

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK Thanks, you have given me a lot of good ideas that I was not aware that I could do. I will experiment with this and let you know. Thanks Again

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you are using three different global schedules in place of profiles, right? Did not realize you could do that.

jaydeel

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So you are using three different global schedules in place of profiles, right?
No, I created two global schedules 'Home' and 'Away'.
The 3rd global schedule named 'Default' is built-in.
1616875818796.png

Among my profiles, I uses 1,2, 3 & 4 in my global schedules 'Home' and 'Away'.
And I use profiles 5 & 7 in my camera override schedules.
See my previous post.
1616875984402.png

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I need to get my thoughts together and get this set up. I will let you know. It may be a couple of days, Thanks