School Project

cyryl85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I looking for help with school project, maybe someone could help me. I have to preapare system to monitoring border between Poland and Bielarus. Border has 420 km, cameras will be every 1,5km(2 cameras one FHD, one HD infraview), so there will be arund 560 cameras. 80% of time there will be recording 1 frame every 10 second in HD, and 20% of time there will be recording with full available resolutions 50 frames per second. Data should be saved for 2 years, and there should be full time backup.
I have to choose servers, mass storage, switches, and system provide full time work without any breakes.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are going to cheat, you probably shouldn't post about it online...

cyryl85

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman, I not waiting for full project from any user, I have idea how to do it, but I not sure about whole configuration, specially about choosing server or servers, i no have idea about configurations of it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, I not waiting for full project from any user, I have idea how to do it, but I not sure about whole configuration, specially about choosing server or servers, i no have idea about configurations of it.
Why don't you post what you already have

cyryl85

n3wb
Reaction score
I can write, there is no problem,i calculated that there will be 20PB data, and the same of backup, whole max bitrate will be around 5,2Gbps, I chose 3 dell power vault ME4084 (Storage Manager), and 12 ME484 (drivers expansion), also I chose switches and UPS, but it doesn`t matter for choosing the server.

Server should has avalabity to show 16 cameras online at one time, and save all data from 560 cameras, so I stuck there, I no have idea how to calculate server load, with that number of cameras and online streaming.
Now I figured it out, that I can use one server to streaming online, and one to save data, but still I have to calculate load...

Last edited:

cyryl85

n3wb
Reaction score
It is in my decision what kind of cameras it will be, so I chose wired becouse wired cameras are more safetly

cyryl85

n3wb
Reaction score
wiring is not my problem, I have to only prepare units like I wrote above, servers, mass storage, ups, switches, all what should appear in server room.