Scrap guy got caught

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We observed this guy for almost an hour before calling the local P.D. Once he hopped over the fence into our customer's property, we decided that it was time to make a move. The funny back story on this is the property where the guy is stealing from, used to be a customer of ours for several years. Nothing ever happened there. The company was bought by a larger company out of Mexico last year. They came in and made some budget cuts and security was one of them. They ended up going with a competitor of ours out of Maryland that was cheaper. Our team was waiting to see how long it was going to take before the other monitoring company called the cops on this guy. Well, the other monitoring company didn't call P.D. until they noticed a bunch of cop cars in front of their customer's property. Him and his accomplice were apprehended.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice that they caught them both. You folks must help the cops locate the people hiding and running while on the phone with them.

To monitor so many locations, do you rely on motion/tripwire/appearance alarms to tell you which location needs to be checked out by a human? It seems like this would be fairly labor intensive work even at that!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to think this is satisfying work, and something your clients appreciate. And it makes for interesting and entertaining videos for all of us to watch, too. I'm glad you post the videos. I'm sure it's great PR for your firm, but it's also informative for people setting up their own security and camera systems and just learning a bit about how the bad guys behave. That's all pretty valuable.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to think this is satisfying work, and something your clients appreciate. And it makes for interesting and entertaining videos for all of us to watch, too. I'm glad you post the videos. I'm sure it's great PR for your firm, but it's also informative for people setting up their own security and camera systems and just learning a bit about how the bad guys behave. That's all pretty valuable.
The reason we post these videos on this site is to show everyone on this forum what we are seeing out there and how we are using cameras and technology to catch people. We stare at cameras all day and all night and we have become critics of camera positioning. If a camera is too high or points in a bad direction, it makes it hard for us to do our job. This forum is a perfect place to pass on this experience and show what the bad guys are doing at night when we are sleeping.

Reaction score
Amazing as usual, I'm not sure how many cameras you monitor, but its nice to see effective use of security cameras "in action" with actual bad guy apprehension. I have my cameras up 10+ hours per day on another monitor on my desk, and I never get anything nearly this interesting!

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They ended up going with a competitor of ours out of Maryland that was cheaper.
You've got some big competitors that are on the Fortune 500, but to some extent your target market may be little different.

A company my sister used to work for switched from 24-7 on site security to one of the largest companies that monitors cameras. A pipe broke and the building flooded, the monitoring company didn't notice.

Last edited:

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
You've got some big competitors that are on the Fortune 500, but to some extent your target market may be little different.

A company my sister used to work for switched from 24-7 on site security to one of the largest companies that monitors cameras. A pipe broke and the building flooded, the monitoring company didn't notice.
Yeah, if you look into the corporate structure of those companies, their officers are investors or come from a finance background and have no security background. They know how to build a company and take money from their customers. Kinda like bad guys in a good guy business.