SD1A203T-GN vs SD1A203T-GN-W

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wondering what the difference is apart from one being a wide angled lens, also is there a drop in quality by going wide ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the only difference between the two models you list is that one has Wifi, the other does not.
Both are 3x PTZ cams.
Advisable to avoid WiFi cams.
I suggest you study the Cliff Notes in the Wiki at the top of the page.

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/allProducts/4572/5?tab=1171&subtab=4861
Ahhh thanks that makes sense Now I took it for granted the W stood for wide angled lense not WIFI

So I can have POE on one and WiFi on the other but they don’t do a model with POE and WiFi ? That’s very frustrating :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ahhh thanks that makes sense Now I took it for granted the W stood for wide angled lense not WIFI

So I can have POE on one and WiFi on the other but they don’t do a model with POE and WiFi ? That’s very frustrating :(
Lol why would you use Poe to power the camera and then send the data via WiFi?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You do understand that POE means Power Over Ethernet?
Thus with one cable, you can power the camera and receive the video image, with the same cable.
Again, if you want reliability, avoid Wifi.

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Lol why would you use Poe to power the camera and then send the data via WiFi?
Thanks yes I do understand POE, but I like the option of having it at a later stage if the WIFI doesn’t work as well as expected..ideally I will use power coming from on outside light and network via WiFi which is my chosen choice but if that isn’t up to spec and I do need to run cat5e to the camera then I’d like to do this with POE, so I don’t have too many cables running up and down the wall.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not run a hard cable initially, that way you know for sure it's going to work?