SD49212T-HN

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just received this camera today from BEC technology. $291.40 , free DHL shipping. Ordered on the 15th via mobile phone app.
dahuaSD49212T-HN.jpg
I couldn't test it out because it needs large screws for the mount.
This camera would really stand out and raise some eyebrows when mounted in front of the house. I want to make this camera blend in.
I want to try to put an outdoor wall light on top of it like a hat to cover just the white part and the black ball part would be exposed under the hat.

Something like this:
outdoorlight.jpg

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I totally get the aesthetic issue with cameras, but don't you think that having same cameras readily visible deters potential burglars, etc.

Mike Mo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How is it working. Could you post any videos of day and night operation?

Thanks

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How is it working. Could you post any videos of day and night operation?

Thanks
I got it mounted on a board today to test. It connected well no problems. I haven't figured out how to post videos, it saves the video as a dav file. I got some snapshots though. I have a drill, an owl and a paper target about 25 feet from the camera.
dahuaptz.jpg dahuaptzowl25.jpg dahuaptztarget25.jpg

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I forgot to add , that those shots are at full zoom. Something to consider for those who might be deciding between the 12x or the 25x.

imazephed

n3wb
Reaction score
I really want one that autotracks and thought when I saw this that it was my lucky day. I mean if it did and could be had for this price that would be awesome. I mean it looks like a great cam regardless but autotracking is my next venture. I just hate spending 600 for it. I sure hope the price on the pro models come down soon so I can buy one.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Price wise I like this unit. Too bad for no auto tracking, but I might not need that.

@camsmith How is the experience till now with the unit ?

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good luck solving the issues.

I would like to hear from you when you have it operational.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
update: I got it installed to the permanent location. I was a little worried at first because after connecting the cat5 cable it would boot up and dance but I noticed the lens would rotate left and right but stay in the down position. I opened the Dahua config tool and it wasn't there, tried pinging it, host unreachable. WTH it was working fine for weeks at my temporary location. The only difference was that the temp location was mounted to a different switch, the permanent location has a different switch in the garage. So i tried switching the ports and switching cables. Both resulted in no change. I have two other poe cameras on this switch that work fine, So this camera must need a little more power. I tried hooking up the 12v connection and bingo it worked.
whew.