SD49225T-HN install question.

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll probably be ordering this ptz soon and have a question about the height of installation. Would going to the peak (apx 25') be advised or lower(apx 8')? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I find ~15ft is about the sweet spot if you have distance to look, put it under the vent perhaps.. its out of reach but not extremely high.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm in a one story with no attic so it might be low enough that you could jump up and tap the bottom, may have to rig something to get it higher, or I was considering putting it on the edge of the roof, then I wouldn't be able to see under the roof along the walkway in front of the house and stuff, guess I'll see when it gets here.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

motoolfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I know it'll be a lil while before the camera is here. Just getting prepped, Will have the cable ran in a week or so.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm awaiting one as well. I'm a bit confused on what I need to do as to prep. I have a cat5e cable run awaiting but the reference to RS485 bus has me confused as to whether I need to run another cable.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm awaiting one as well. I'm a bit confused on what I need to do as to prep. I have a cat5e cable run awaiting but the reference to RS485 bus has me confused as to whether I need to run another cable.
you only need a POE cable unless you plan to connect a mic, speaker, or something to one of the alarm inputs/outputs.

Nick87080

n3wb
Reaction score
I just ordered one from andy yesterday too, i have a question about poe. My nvr supplies poe not poe+ so i am figuring i need to run power wire to cam location plus cat5. If they are both hooked up will that overpower cam? Or can i add poe+ inserter between nvr and cam? Also does anyone know what size the threads are on top of cam? I would like to mount camera as close to soffet as possible thinking i could something at hd that would it would screw into and that would go directly on soffet. I have seen pipe in accessories but its like 9 inches long looking for around 2-3 inches long.
Something like this.

Attachments

geezernerd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Nick87080

n3wb
Reaction score
I understand using injector, like i asked will it overpower ptz and burn it up or does it regulate itself? Dont know if i am overthinking this...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Active PoE requires a PoE device on it to provide power, its supposed to be safe to plug any non-poe device into that port becuase it wont signal a need for power..

If you chain a PoE+ Midspan/Injector off your PoE NVR, it wont activate PoE on the port going to the Midspan/Injector, but that will activate PoE downstream if a PoE Device is plugged into the injector.. with a PoE+ Injector you can pull up to 25.5W off that supply before overloading it.

Most NVR's will provide PoE+ unless you went really cheap or old.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for info Nayr. I have an Hikvision nvr...
DS-7608NI-E2/8P
It shows support for standard af & at (Max power is 120 watts) so looks like I am good to go with the Cat5e run that I have awaiting.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Active PoE requires a PoE device on it to provide power, its supposed to be safe to plug any non-poe device into that port becuase it wont signal a need for power..

If you chain a PoE+ Midspan/Injector off your PoE NVR, it wont activate PoE on the port going to the Midspan/Injector, but that will activate PoE downstream if a PoE Device is plugged into the injector.. with a PoE+ Injector you can pull up to 25.5W off that supply before overloading it.

Most NVR's will provide PoE+ unless you went really cheap or old.
"supposed to be", I'd test that with something you don't care about lol.