SD49225T-HN ISSUES

jsho

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm hoping someone can give me a hand as I'm having difficulties.

CAM:
SD49225T-HN

Issue:
Camera randomly becomes unresponsive only to come back online just as randomly. Can be pinged but cannot access cameras login page.

Background:
I currently have two of these cameras. Both have been purchased from Andy at EmpireTech. First one I bought I installed for a client and it performs flawlessly. Zero issues whatsoever. It's been installed for over four months and I have not had a single issue whatsoever with it. Great camera. Client liked the camera so much he asked for another one. Again I bought the camera from Andy at EmpireTech. Took me a couple weeks to get it installed due to weather but when I finally did, it worked as expected.....for about a week. Then that's when the issues began. The camera would become unresponsive and couldn't be logged into. Camera could be pinged successfully and would always reply, however opening its login page proved unsuccessful (regardless of browser used). Camera is on the same network as the rest of the surveillance system. Completely isolated from the rest of the main network. It's being powered from the same switch as the other cameras.

Troubleshooting steps attempted:
Thinking it may have been a power issue, I removed the working camera as well as a couple other cameras off the switch to test. Same result.
Switched physical ports thinking the port might be shot. Same result.
Placed on camera on it's own POE injector. Same result.
Reset camera to default using both the GUI (when camera eventually decided to allow me in) and through the physical switch. Same result.
I've recrimped the cable ends. Same result.
Replaced the cables with premade bought cables. Same result.
Tried switching the cameras IP address. Same result.
Rebooting of the camera sometimes causes it to respond, but not always. Not enough to rely on it anyway.

The biggest problem is that the camera is on a 18' poll as it overlooks a truck stop up here in Washington, so as you can imagine, physical access is not the easiest.
I'm at my wits end with this camera as the client has been on me about this camera and nothing I have tried seems to work. Let me elaborate, steps may seem to work at first only to be called back a few days if not the very same day for the same issue.

**An SD card was loaded into the camera as a form of backup, SD Card was recommended by Andy himself and was brand new. When cameras decided to cooperate, the SD card is not always recognized and footage cannot be accessed. Yet other times it is. Removing of SD card has no affect.

I'm leaning to a possible corruption in firmware or just a dud of a camera. Unfortunately since I didn't get it up installed right away, by the time I noticed the issue, the return period had passed.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, thoughts or comments?

Thanks,

J

Reaction score
Checkout this thread. It is long, 13 pages, but talks about problems with this camera. Email Andy.

jsho

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow. I can’t believe I missed this thread while deciding on a camera. The issues described in the thread are identical to what I’m experiencing. Seems as only Andy can get me sorted out with this. Let’s hope he’s as good as this forum makes him out to be. Thanks for the knowledge. Much appreciated.