SD49425XB-HNR autotracking setup questions

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is my first time trying to setup auto tracking on this camera. There are quite a few areas in the settings that seem to be related to this such as Deep IVS, Smart Motion Detection etc. and but I don't want to make any mistakes so can someone point me to a place to get some basic knowledge on this? I went to Dahua's site but the menus on this camera are different.

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is a great camera!

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1666987409145.png

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Do you typically use Enter or Enter and Exit?

It is working but stops tracking after motion stops and it goes back to the preset. I have the track time set to 90 but I guess that must be with constant motion. If it goes back to the preset when motion stops then I will not be able to record any future motion unless they enter the rule are again. How do you get around that issue? I guess if they leave the rule area then maybe it doesn't matter and hopefully they get picked up by another camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Some of my IVS rules are directional. My one PTZ is facing down the street and I only want it to track people coming towards my house, not away from my house so I have directional on that one and others are to catch anytime someone is in or crosses the field of view.

You will find that one of the biggest complaints about any tracking PTZ (regardless of manufacturer) is that if an object stops, so does the tracking. You cannot change this timing.

You can usually get it to not loose tracking so quickly if you change the target ratio a bit or turn PFA off, and I think this thing learns LOL. If the target ratio is too large, it will miss faster moving objects and lose tracking faster when an object stops.

My 49225 when I first got it would immediately lose track if someone stopped. Now it will hold at least 10 seconds if someone stops.

I do think they learn though as my Dahua PTZ seems to linger on for 10 seconds or so. Part of that can be by not having it zoom in so tight that you don't give it much to work with. Mine zooms in tight enough that I can see the whole body, so when they stop for their dog doing its business, there is usually a tapping foot or something that keeps it tracking.

Once the tracking stops it will either return to the preset it started at or with a VMS system you could tell it to go somewhere else. It is why many of us use spotter cams to help get it looking the right way if an object stops and starts again.

With Autotrack PTZs once the motion stops, there is nothing for it to "track" and then it is sitting at a field of view with no Smart IVS rules telling it what to do, so it reverts back.

That is why a robust system is set up with spotter cams and multiple presets so that it can start to pick it up again.

Here is a great thread by @bigredfish that shows how spotter cams can be used to get the object, whether the camera lost track of them or they stopped and it lost track.

I use spotter cams as well and it helps tremendously, not only in getting the PTZ to look where the action is, but to pick up if someone stops and starts.

And then here is a thread on how to set that up in BI or an NVR:

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the good information and assistance!