SD49425XB-HNR Firmware?

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone verify what the latest firmware is for this camera that supports human and car tracking?
Has anyone created a custom firmware?
Has anyone tried a firmware from a different Dahua camera and have it work better and not brick it?

I like the camera in general but its tracking needs help.
Time to lock is slow.
Staying on the target breaks before the 300 second alarm track. Its never more than 45 seconds. And I've made all changes using Windows 10, and the original Internet Explorer
It sometimes total freezes and I have to do a power reset. Sometimes that doesnt work and until I use the manual PTZ controls does it unlock the freeze.

System VersionV2.800.1341000.0.R.P9.2522.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-12
WEB VersionV3.2.1.819501
ONVIF Version18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000000.64.RHNZ_200219_34642

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the most recent firmware that still has auto tracking. If you update it you will lose auto tracking.

Mine does not experience your behavior. I would suggest a factory reset and maybe look at a different power supply.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is the most recent firmware that still has auto tracking. If you update it you will lose auto tracking.

Mine does not experience your behavior. I would suggest a factory reset and maybe look at a different power supply.
So here is where I am at. I have not done a factory reset or gotten a different power supply. I want to let you know what has happened and maybe we can pin this down.

So after about 4-5 days, the PTZ would stop tracking and freeze on 1 location (which isnt usually the Preset 1). It would still transmit a picture but would stop moving. I could go into the Dahua menu and do a restart and that would normally handle it. That method stopped. The only way to restore tracking is to unplug the POE and plug it back in.
The distance between POE and camera is about 25 feet. POE is plugged into power strip then into wall. Router is plugged into the same power strip.

This is the current POE:

1) If I need to get another POE can you suggest a premium model? This front facing Dahua is doing a ton of tracking since it faces the street.
2) If I do a factory reset, can I just reload the saved settiings or do I need to put them all in again? Which is recommended?
3) Should I do either of the above, neither of the above or a new suggestion?

Thank you!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What FPS are you running?

If you are over 15FPs, for kicks drop it to 10 and see if that helps.

Do you have P2P enabled?

So you are going thru the router to view the camera? Can you remove the router from the equation for awhile and see if that improves performance? I am wondering if the router can't keep up and the lost packets eventually causes the cam to wonk out.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, P2P is enabled and says "Online"
The camera is plugged into an Asus RT-AX82U (AX5400). I am running it as a mesh node. The main router is an Asus GT-AX6000. Both are running WIFI 6 AX mode,

Last edited:

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I lowered both Main Stream and Sub Stream to 15 from 30 fps. What should iFrame be set at now?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Match FPS and frame rate.

What I suspect is happening is that at that high FPS and with P2P enabled (which means your video is going thru Dahua servers), eventually something bogs down trying to send that much data and the camera stalls and wonks out.

Trying turning off P2P as well. It won't allow you to review away from home, but let's see if that resolves it.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Match FPS and frame rate.

What I suspect is happening is that at that high FPS and with P2P enabled (which means your video is going thru Dahua servers), eventually something bogs down trying to send that much data and the camera stalls and wonks out.

Trying turning off P2P as well. It won't allow you to review away from home, but let's see if that resolves it.
Thx. but I thought that 15 fps means you set iframe at 30?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best practice is to match FPS and iframe, especially for those using BI.

By default the camera makes iframes double FPS. Some will run it that way, but many will match.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Best practice is to match FPS and iframe, especially for those using BI.

By default the camera makes iframes double FPS. Some will run it that way, but many will match.
UGH, so I went to my other Dahua Camera. I did a factory reset. Inside the ConfigTool and Initialized the camera using the existing 192.168.1.108 IP address. (It sets it to "1" not "50". So I then went into Edit and tried to change to:

Static IP Address
192.168.50.110 (I didnt see this listed in my router being used)

Its giving an error. What did I do wrong?

Attachments

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I went into my laptop and turned my WIFI off.
I went into only my Ethernet adapter and chaged the setting to 192.168.1.10.. (Not sure what the DNS server settign were supposed to be, so I used 8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I was thinking the ethernet needs to be on the 192.168.1 not the 192.168.50.... so the Camera and laptop can communicate.
I go in and put in the new 192.168.50.249.
It comes up with an Error and says "Account Locked"

Attachments

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. You have to change the password under SEARCH SETTING in the ConfigTool (upper right). Password has to match what you set the camera New Password to when you initialized the camera the first time.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I did a factory reset on both cameras the 2 meg and the 4 meg. But I am noticing a bunch pizeliztion now. Its mostly thur the BI5 interface. Any suggestions. I lowered from 30 fps to 15 fps

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Factory reset will put it to H265 and VBR.

Change both main and substream to H264 and CBR

Try mainstream bitrate at 8192 and substream at 1024

Then adjust bitrate up or down as necessary to meet your eye.

You will need to restart the camera in BI after changing the codec.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't use P2P, and I also have an Asus router. I use OpenVPN from the Asus router, and ui3 on my phone. Works great and fast.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Factory reset will put it to H265 and VBR.

Change both main and substream to H264 and CBR

Try mainstream bitrate at 8192 and substream at 1024

Then adjust bitrate up or down as necessary to meet your eye.

You will need to restart the camera in BI after changing the codec.
Just made the adjustments. Will see how it reacts this week. thanks