SD59225U-HNI Auto Tracking not working

steffen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All
I have read multiple threds on this forum, and watched videos showing how to configure Auto Tracking on dauha SD59225U-HNI. It all comes downs to that people recommends that you just try to play with it in order to make it work properly. I've tried alot, yet still the Auto Tracking often get totally confused. And i Don't know why.

This example is an IVS intrusion, Action Cross, Direction both rule. Tracking is set to 300sec.
Target filter max size: 1697x2689, min size: 243*519

I believe it should be pretty clear to the algorithm what is moving in the image hence it should follow that. I suspect the car is driving to fast for the camera, as it gets confused.

In IVS global at the NVR there is something called calibration, I get find such thing in the webinterface directly on the camera. Would it help to configure calibration on the NVR IVS global for that channel?

If you have any advise how to make it work properly it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All
I have read multiple threds on this forum, and watched videos showing how to configure Auto Tracking on dauha SD59225U-HNI. It all comes downs to that people recommends that you just try to play with it in order to make it work properly. I've tried alot, yet still the Auto Tracking often get totally confused. And i Don't know why.

This example is an IVS intrusion, Action Cross, Direction both rule. Tracking is set to 300sec.
Target filter max size: 1697x2689, min size: 243*519

I believe it should be pretty clear to the algorithm what is moving in the image hence it should follow that. I suspect the car is driving to fast for the camera, as it gets confused.

In IVS global at the NVR there is something called calibration, I get find such thing in the webinterface directly on the camera. Would it help to configure calibration on the NVR IVS global for that channel?

If you have any advise how to make it work properly it would be appreciated.

Thank you.
This is a common problem with auto tracking. It's more of a gimmick. See @Cameraguy s post's on this camera. He has AT working well. I have this same cam, and gave up on AT because I couldn't dial it in.

steffen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I can't find the post your are referring to, can you help me with a link?
brgs

Reaction score
I think the biggest problem with Auto Tracking is most of us are probably not using it in the way it's designed. After looking at many 'demo' videos of how it works, almost always it's on an object that is much further away, like over 100' or more. Most home users are expecting it to follow an object that's a lot closer, maybe 30' to 50' away. It just can't handle that well, as can be evidenced by how it tries to zoom in on the oject. I too, have given up on this, mainly because of the zoom issue. If Dahua allowed turning off the zoom function, it would definitely make it more useful for closer tracking. I just wonder what kind of algorithm is used to predict where the object is going.