Sd59225u-hni Update failed

Alessio831

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, sorry for my English, I have a problem with my sd59225u-hni I can't install the ptz part anymore. In practice I did the last update but from that moment the ptz doesn't move and it doesn't allow me to try again to update it

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@alastairstevenson is your man for this one.

Just be patient and if he can help he will.

I'd suggest adding the steps you have taken what you have installed and in what order.

It would also be a good idea to lost the versions that were installed when the cam was working and the versions you tried to install it when it broke down.
Oh and also which method you chose to install the update from e.g. web gui

Alessio831

n3wb
Reaction score
So thanks to everyone for the answers, I found a ptz firmware that installs but the problem is that the restart is not, the strange thing is that the firmware that is installed is large 141kb while the last are large 35kb. I installed all the firmware from 2017 to today I also tried to install the software through the softbrick guide in the forum suggestions ??

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you sure that the update hasn't reset the network to the original IP address?

can you rech the web gui after you updated it

Alessio831

n3wb
Reaction score
Once I update I can easily access the ptz via the web, it seems that I restart the ipcam but without updating

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So what's the reason you are wanting to update it as I have the exact camera

Alessio831

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is that once the last possible update is done now the ptz part ie the movement no longer works. Why did I want to upgrade? Because I'm stupid the ipcam worked fine sigh

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If I remember correctly and this might be wrong

Did you not have to specifically have to update the ptz file first and then the software?