SD59225U-HNI upgrade issues.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Decided to make a thread, I saw where another guy got this error and I think he said he used a different firmware but he never said, I messaged him and got no response. When I try to upgrade to the march firmware with the config tool, I get this.

Selection_027.png

Was gonna try this version of the firmware but not sure if it's correct for this cam. Index of /Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/05SD/Main_Firmware/SD-Eos/DH/20160912 any help greatly appreciated!

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Check the text file in the download. It tells you the model numbers for the modules that it supports. I'm pretty sure the 25U was included

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing? LOL godamn, i'm screwed, I'd think someone would at least be able to verify if the firmware from that site is correct.
Hehehe, weird huh? So many members and nobody seems to be able to help on this matter. I'm watching your thread also. I hope we can find the official september 2016 firmware and ptz software soon.

Anybody?

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hehehe, weird huh? So many members and nobody seems to be able to help on this matter. I'm watching your thread also. I hope we can find the official september 2016 firmware and ptz software soon.

Anybody?
when I search, I find ONE person who got this error on another dahua cam, and all they said was they tried a different firmware and it worked, no details, just vanished and looks like they are not very active here, got their answer and split, very annoying. I was hoping to use the version of firmware that is slightly newer than the one I have to see if I could get it to go, then go to the newest, I don't mind going in stages, and I know dahua is pretty good about checking to see if the camera model is in the list supported for the hardware before it tries to apply firmware to keep from bricking the camera, but I'd still like to have someone who knows tell me it's good, better to have someone else try it and verify lol. I haven't messed with auto tracking much on my cam so currently I really have no issues to solve by upgrading the firmware, I'm just worried now that I will NEVER be able to upgrade the firmware lol that would kind of suck. Were you the one having issues with zooming past 2x after you upgraded? Maybe I should hold off anyways until that is solved.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Were you the one having issues with zooming past 2x after you upgraded? Maybe I should hold off anyways until that is solved.
Yep, that's me. That my reason why i want to downgrade to the September 2016 firmware and maybe even the PTZ software to check if that solves my zoom issue. I am expecting Andy to reply tomorrow with a solution. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will let you know if i have the correct firmware. In the meantime, any confirmation that the firmware om that .cz link is the correct one for our camera would be highly appreciated.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, that's me. That my reason why i want to downgrade to the September 2016 firmware and maybe even the PTZ software to check if that solves my zoom issue. I am expecting Andy to reply tomorrow with a solution. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will let you know if i have the correct firmware. In the meantime, any confirmation that the firmware om that .cz link is the correct one for our camera would be highly appreciated.
(luckily)? I'm running like two versions back so I'm probably okay lol I don't know what you mean by ptz software, I'm pretty sure it's all included in the firmware bin file so if you downgrade everything will downgrade since the bin file is actually the OS of the camera, I could be wrong though. I guess for now I will not even bother trying to upgrade until another version newer than march comes out, if it ever does and everyone says it's okay lol.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
(luckily)? I'm running like two versions back so I'm probably okay lol I don't know what you mean by ptz software, I'm pretty sure it's all included in the firmware bin file so if you downgrade everything will downgrade since the bin file is actually the OS of the camera, I could be wrong though. I guess for now I will not even bother trying to upgrade until another version newer than march comes out, if it ever does and everyone says it's okay lol.
I will keep you informed as soon as i get hold of some older version firmware.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
well you are where I am now. :D did you use the ftp site?
Nope, I don't trust that site. I'm not taking that risk. One of our forum friends send me a link to his firmware binary. That one works for sure. My zoom is back, but tracking is worse than with the March 2017 firmware. I've just upgraded again from July 2016 to March 2017. Now wait and see what happens to my zoom.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Nope, I don't trust that site. I'm not taking that risk. One of our forum friends send me a link to his firmware binary. That one works for sure. My zoom is back, but tracking is worse than with the March 2017 firmware. I've just upgraded again from July 2016 to March 2017. Now wait and see what happens to my zoom.
As andy said, the ptz's are buggy, doesn't seem to matter which version of firmware you have lol.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Zoom in the new firmware is only 2x (occasionally 3x) in autotracking. I will wait for someone who can send me the September 2016 firmware, so i can test further. The focus issue on the July 2016 firmware forced me to go forward to the March 2017 version again ;-(

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Zoom in the new firmware is only 2x (occasionally 3x) in autotracking. I will wait for someone who can send me the September 2016 firmware, so i can test further. The focus issue on the July 2016 firmware forced me to go forward to the March 2017 version again ;-(
are you sure you aren't just configuring it wrong lol.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
are you sure you aren't just configuring it wrong lol.
Not after fighting with this f**ing thing for weeks now. If i apply firmware July 2017 it zooms correctly. If i apply firmware March 2017 right after that, it doesn't zoom correctly. Back to July 2016 and bam: zoom is back. I didn't change anything else, just the firmware.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Not after fighting with this f**ing thing for weeks now. If i apply firmware July 2017 it zooms correctly. If i apply firmware March 2017 right after that, it doesn't zoom correctly. Back to July 2016 and bam: zoom is back. I didn't change anything else, just the firmware.
and what was the problem with keeping july 2016?

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
and what was the problem with keeping july 2016?
Check my sample video's here: I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

You can see how bad the focus is in the July 2016 version. It takes forever to focus in the July 2016 firmware version. That is actually worse than having only 2x zoom in autotracking. So that's why i went back to the March 2017 firmware. And now I'm hoping for someone who can send me the september 2016 firmware to test.