SD59230U-HNI PTZ trying to test before installation

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ive tried my default up and the default up in the manual it says it comes with. Is there a step I am missing.

Trying to make sure everything works before I mount this giant sucker.

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
plug camera directly into computer with a striaght ethernet cable, power up w/AC power brick.. go into your network settings and manually set:
192.168.1.101/255.255.255.0 NoGW/NoDNS

then open IE/Safari and proceed to http://192.168.1.108 login: admin/admin

Go into setup and configure the camera for your LAN network, save.. then plug it into the LAN; restore your computers network settings and plug it into the LAN and see if you can find it on the network.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright I try that it will end up being POE overall I'll report back

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the first up you have 101 that is correct,correct?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your computer has to be on the same subnet as 192.168.1.108, the cameras IP.. so yeah, set your computer to 101 or 102 or anything NOT 108

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks a million. I got it up and running. I am having slight issues getting the PTZ to work inside blueiris. Also cant tell to see if it is recording.

Reaction score
Under camera properties, video tab, configure, do a "find/inspect". After that's done make sure the path under video looks like this "/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true". Click okay then go to the PTZ tab and make sure you're using "Dahua Other". Should work fine after that

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under camera properties, video tab, configure, do a "find/inspect". After that's done make sure the path under video looks like this "/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true". Click okay then go to the PTZ tab and make sure you're using "Dahua Other". Should work fine after that

YOU ARE THE MOTHA FUCKIN MAN!

the left, right, up, down work, not the corner controls

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My normal ip ptz dome has been locked some how. Anyone know what it could be?

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

This is what i am seeing. It seems to be working on blueiris, but this is directly form the browser in the screenshots.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Those buttons just aren't supported at the moment
Mine work fine....do the find/inspect again and do not mess with the video path. Go to the PTZ/CONTROL tab and select ONIF (OXML) all your arrows will work then. The PTZ Home button is still being looked into by the developer. Also note I have the HN model not HNI but I believe it should work the same. I have read where some users turn off the ONVIF in the cams UI....I leave mine enabled.

Reaction score
I have the HNI model, ONIF (OXML) doesn't work for me. I was instructed by Ken to use Dahua Other after he pushed out an update.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score

This is what i am seeing. It seems to be working on blueiris, but this is directly form the browser in the screenshots.
That means you input the wrong password too many times and the account will lock for a period of time. You just have to wait. While you are waiting I strongly suggest you start reading the PDF manuals that came on the cd with your new camera. Blue Iris also has a great help section...a little time reading will save you a lot of headaches.

Last edited:

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the HNI model, ONIF (OXML) doesn't work for me. I was instructed by Ken to use Dahua Other after he pushed out an update.
Ok, I am surprised there is a difference on the PTZ protocol, but then again, not that surprised LOL
For what its worth, I do know another user here in forum who has the HNI and his corner arrows work.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I am surprised there is a difference on the PTZ protocol, but then again, not that surprised LOL
For what its worth, I do know another user here in forum who has the HNI and his corner arrows work.
If we can chime in on how he got his to work, or what version he has that would be great.

I am also now having an issue with the web version / app of blue iris i can not get it to connect. It has signed it self a ip address with a port but does not connect thru the internet.

csshih

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated my blue iris and for some reason cannot find Dahua Other as an option in PTZ controls. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I never found Dahua Other, but I realized the user I setup did not have PTZ permissions. It's set to ONVIF without a problem and works.

Last edited: