SD59230U vs SD59225U

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm very much considering the SD59230U. Is that camera super old and discontinued also what would be the disadvantages over the 59225? I see the DORI isn't as good as the 59225 but it has 30X zoom... Decisions decisions

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm very much considering the SD59230U. Is that camera super old and discontinued also what would be the disadvantages over the 59225? I see the DORI isn't as good as the 59225 but it has 30X zoom... Decisions decisions
Only difference is the zoom.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is the eBay seller 2 Megapixel Network IP PTZ Camera 30X Starlight Security Camera OEM SD59230U-HNI | eBay he said he would take 600 make offer. Seems like a good deal although it looks like it isn't Dahua but an unbranded OEM. Probably doesn't matter right? Seems to be a good deal even the sellers from China charge that amount.
Get in touch with @EMPIRETECANDY on the forum,
Hes our go to go for dahua.
Great service DHL delivery.
Supplies oem or branded

Don't mess about on the bay you have no backup.

Btw I paid less than that for my 225 from Andy

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your sharing@kamakzie ,this little having breakfast in the early morning. How far away from your ptz? Use full 30x zoom ?

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for your sharing@kamakzie ,this little having breakfast in the early morning. How far away from your ptz? Use full 30x zoom ?
It was actually an evening snack. I'm not sure I think probably 30 feet and I'm not sure but I don't think I was fully zoomed in either. Probably pretty close though. This is one of the babies I would've never seen with my Amcrest PTZ camera which is on the opposite side of the home. This is on the north side of the garage.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the auto track feature and not manual correct?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Manual. I haven't attempted IVS yet.
Got it. I have theSD52C225U-HNI and the auto track works great but when that dear went behind the shed, it would have just parked itself back at its home position. Going to be getting this one in the next couple of weeks so I was curious how well it performed.