SD59430U-HNI RJ45 pinouts

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My SD59430U-HNI outdoor PTZ started to exhibit sporadic dropouts. When I checked out the RJ45 connection I found significant water ingress, corrosion and even some "greenery". Cleaning with alcohol swabs did not provide a permanent fix.

I am replacing it by cutting off the old, replacing with a much better sealed unit and making absolutely sure water can't get in.

For any that need to know the RJ45 connection is stock T568B on the camera side.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a PTZ of any brand but have read MANY such issues as yours since I joined almost 5 years ago.

Based on what I've read, you're in a better spot than many because ( HOPEFULLY) you can write down how it is connected now, color to pin, so you can replicate that. That way you won't be at the mercy of the "more-than-one-color-code" diagrams on these PTZs.

I would take a picture or write down your wire colors as they are currently inserted in your RJ-45, pin for pin, as on the male RJ-45 pictured as below...I wouldn't be concerned about compliance with T-568B or A, as you want to replicate as they are now, color to pin. Note the location of the RJ-45's latch.

T568B_RJ45_pinout.jpg

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for all that but if you read my last sentence it was to advise that the camera side connections for this model ARE T-568B.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for all that but if you read my last sentence it was to advise that the camera side connections for this model ARE T-568B.
If you are still functional and want to fix this, you are going to have to cut the whip anyway, I have fixed dahua cams by cutting the whip(assuming you have one) and leaving enough exposed to get at the wiring on the whip end, then cutting a network cable and exposing the 4 pair and using a OHM meter or continuity tester and pinning it out.
A little about this here---> Camera Failure Forensics

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I obviously wasn't too clear! It's all in hand thanks. I just finished splicing and waterproofing a short extension CAT6 to the camera. Testing later.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did the same thing to my sd49225t-hn a couple weeks ago and it too had all eight color-coded wires.

ktcanuck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So the splice and, thankfully, the camera still work fine. Now I wait for the watertight exterior connector.