SD59xx0U-HNI Install Pics

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some photos of the SD59xx0U-HNI (or SD59xx0U-HN) range mounted/installed. I'm considering installing one but concerned it might be too big for the front of my house.

Also is the mounting threads similar across the other Dahua mounts? I see the "Lite" version has a more attractive mount and wondering will it fit the bigger camers?

Thanks......

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also is the mounting threads similar across the other Dahua mounts? I see the "Lite" version has a more attractive mount and wondering will it fit the bigger camers?
Due to a bad batch of PFB300S mounts which are the standard for the SD59225U-HNI many including myself switched it out for the PFB303W. Threads are all G1 1/2".

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great photos, appreciate it. What junction box is that? Did it come with the camera itself?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Check out my switches.......bitches.......;)

Neighbor installed a new panel for me in to the concrete foundation. I wrapped it in vinyl for aesthetics.

Dell Powerconnect 2724 Managed switch (~$37.95 on Ebay, best offer)

Dell PowerConnect 2724 24 ports managed desktop switch w/mounting brackets | eBay

and a Microsemi PD9012G/ACDC/M ($115 on Ebay, another best offer)

Microsemi PowerDsine 9012G PoE Injector PD-9012G/ACDC/M 12 Port POE Gigabit 844117001136 | eBay

I'm fortunate to have new construction so I had my house wired with Cat5e to every room. Had a future tube installed as well at the recommendation of the electricians. 1.5" PVC from the basement to the attic to pull the (5x) Cat6 cables to the top, then on to the soffits. As soon as Andy delivers the 5231's, I'll have 5 cams in all. Two SD59's and three 5231's to get started. Plenty of room for expansion as well.

IMG_5321.JPG IMG_5323.JPG IMG_5324.JPG

SD

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

cryptelli

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm fortunate to have new construction so I had my house wired with Cat5e to every room.
Yeah. It'd be silly not to these days. I know when we move into our current house that was one for the first things I had the sparky do. Thankfully being single story and having a rather large attic space running new cables for whatever is relatively easy.

I'll have 5 cams in all. Two SD59's and three 5231's to get started.
Very nice, that should keep you busy. I might only have one PTZ but I make the rest up with eight 5231's.

Good work on the hand made cable flags but, what's up with these Ethernet crimps (highlighted in red) hey...?

IMG_5324-exposed-wires.JPG

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah. It'd be silly not to these days. I know when we move into our current house that was one for the first things I had the sparky do. Thankfully being single story and having a rather large attic space running new cables for whatever is relatively easy.

Very nice, that should keep you busy. I might only have one PTZ but I make the rest up with eight 5231's.

Good work on the hand made cable flags but, what's up with these Ethernet crimps (highlighted in red) hey...?

View attachment 17379
Lol. Yep. Thats what you get when the electricians terminate your cables! They should stick to running 14/2, 12/2 and 14/3!

I bought 3 -- 50 packs of Cat 6 3 piece suits . The Monoprice ones do not hold/crimp the sleeve, but these are great.

Amazon.com : CableCreation 50-PACK Cat 6A RJ45 Modular Plug (three-piece suit), UTP Network connector For Solid Wire and Standard Cable, Transparent : Office Products

I'll get around to re-terminating them... ;) Good eye...!!!

SD

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Lol. Yep. Thats what you get when the electricians terminate your cables! They should stick to running 14/2, 12/2 and 14/3!

I bought 3 -- 50 packs of Cat 6 3 piece suits . The Monoprice ones do not hold/crimp the sleeve, but these are great.

Amazon.com : CableCreation 50-PACK Cat 6A RJ45 Modular Plug (three-piece suit), UTP Network connector For Solid Wire and Standard Cable, Transparent : Office Products

I'll get around to re-terminating them... ;) Good eye...!!!

SD
those connectors look sweet and super cheap, lemee know how they work out.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
those connectors look sweet and super cheap, lemee know how they work out.
Griff, they work great. I have been using the first 50 pack for the pole barn install. I ordered another 100 once I knew they worked so well. The spreader keeps the untwisted segment as short as possible, about 3/8". I recommend them highly.

I tried the Monoprice Hi Performance Cat 6 connectors and they do NOT pinch the outer sleeve to keep it in place. Those are on the shelf now.

SD

Last edited:

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
do the wires poke out of the end of the connector and get cut off?
Negative. These are pics of the Monoprice ones, which are NO GOOD.

Cat6 Plug Solid W/Insert 50U 100pcs/Bag - Monoprice.com

IMG_5164.JPG IMG_5165.JPG IMG_5166.JPG IMG_5167.JPG

The 3 piece suits have the spreader/separator and hold the outer sleeve in place with a crimp bar.

This is why I tell people to use patch panels and pre-made patch cables.
I agree. Who likes terminating? I bought these for $1.50 each.

Cat6 550MHz patch cable molded jacks 1ft 2ft 3ft 5ft 6ft 7ft 10ft Lot of 1,5, 10 | eBay

IMG_5340.JPG

SD

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Negative. These are pics of the Monoprice ones, which are NO GOOD.

Cat6 Plug Solid W/Insert 50U 100pcs/Bag - Monoprice.com

View attachment 17405 View attachment 17406 View attachment 17407 View attachment 17408

The 3 piece suits have the spreader/separator and hold the outer sleeve in place with a crimp bar.

I agree. Who likes terminating? I bought these for $1.50 each.

Cat6 550MHz patch cable molded jacks 1ft 2ft 3ft 5ft 6ft 7ft 10ft Lot of 1,5, 10 | eBay

View attachment 17404

SD
yeah, I only make cables for the long ass runs to the cameras, 2 terminations and done lol. everything else I use already made stuff and just coil up the extra. I need to get a bunch of little shorties, might see if they have em on ebay cheaper than mono price, for patching from switch to POE midspan. Also about to hook up my replacement ultra bullet that Andy was awesome enough to warranty and play with it lol.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Eh, I use punch down tools to terminate into a patch panel and then buy a shit load of pre-made short cables.

The worse part is terminating on the camera end, always a struggle to get the connector perfect when you are up on a ladder. :p

Everything data in Australia has to be ran in plastic 20-30mm conduits, so often there is no choice but to terminate once you have ran the cable unless you take the ethernet cable box on the roof with you. haha