SD6CE225U-HNI PTZ Mounting Location

Coolio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm looking at adding a SD6CE225U-HNI PTZ at the top of my roof. I need some advice if the location that I've chosen looks OK. I'm going to add another satellite type pole next to the weather station in the picture and attach the camera. Will I have an any issues having the camera totally exposed and not under a soffit? Any special grounding advice for lighting? How often will I need to clean the lens? (I live in Colorado)

Do I need any additional parts besides the camera, pole, mounting bracket, CAT 6 cable?

This is my first PTZ and it will be added to my 4 other Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras running on Blue Iris.

Thanks!

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at adding a SD6CE225U-HNI PTZ at the top of my roof. I need some advice if the location that I've chosen looks OK. I'm going to add another satellite type pole next to the weather station in the picture and attach the camera. Will I have an any issues having the camera totally exposed and not under a soffit? Any special grounding advice for lighting? How often will I need to clean the lens? (I live in Colorado)

Do I need any additional parts besides the camera, pole, mounting bracket, CAT 6 cable?

This is my first PTZ and it will be added to my 4 other Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-Z cameras running on Blue Iris.

Thanks!
I don't think you'll be happy with that type of mount. It will wobble with the movement of the cam, and wind will make the cam shake.
You need something substantial to mount it to.
This is how mine is setup.
20170324_164413.jpg

Even so, I still get a little shake on windy days.
You will need a junction box of some sort.
Ground it just like you would an antenna.

If you have spider problems, you may be cleaning webs off it everyday. I do mine with an extension pole and duster without the need to get on roof.
Actually cleaning the lens, mine goes about 6 months.

I used this: Solid Signal 30” Satellite Antenna Mast Pro Grade 2” O.D. (SKY32817C) from Solid Signal
and a satelite rated tri-pod.

Last edited:

Coolio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll be OK on spiders. Cleaning it every 6 months sounds reasonable.

Did you do anything special securing the tri-pod to the roof shingles? I want to avoid leaks. ;)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
upload_2018-5-28_11-24-22.png Try to watch this pic, then everything is clear~ if still not suits, then have to do a DIY, that will be a hard work.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will PFA150 work with a 2” mast?
It will, but unless they've changed things. You will need to purchase smaller hose clamps. The ones that come with it are intended for a much bigger pole. Available at any auto parts store.

Coolio

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Looney,

Where did you get your tri-pod? I ordered the heavy duty 2' from Solid Signal, but canceled because it can only handle a 1.75" diameter.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Looney,

Where did you get your tri-pod? I ordered the heavy duty 2' from Solid Signal, but canceled because it can only handle a 1.75" diameter.
The tripod and pole cam from Solid signal. Both rated for a hefty satellite dish.
Solid Signal 30” Satellite Antenna Mast Pro Grade 2” O.D. (SKY32817C) from Solid Signal
Tripod is similar to this one, but the one I bought did not include a mast.
Perfect Vision 3ft Tripod Mount with 2in O.D. Mast (PVTP3KIT-2) from Solid Signal