SDETER Camera - Any good?

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was considering this camera as an INEXPENSIVE option since I'm on a very tight budget and I'm buying other electronics with it. I plan on getting the 720P variant as it's indoors and I don't need all those pixels (besides, it takes up more room and eats more CPU to run 1080). If it runs two years I'm happy.

US $17.49 35% OFF|SDETER Home Security IP Camera Wi Fi 1080P 720P Wireless Network Camera CCTV Camera Surveillance P2P Night Vision Baby Monitor-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was considering this camera as an INEXPENSIVE option since I'm on a very tight budget and I'm buying other electronics with it. I plan on getting the 720P variant as it's indoors and I don't need all those pixels (besides, it takes up more room and eats more CPU to run 1080). If it runs two years I'm happy.

US $17.49 35% OFF|SDETER Home Security IP Camera Wi Fi 1080P 720P Wireless Network Camera CCTV Camera Surveillance P2P Night Vision Baby Monitor-in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
I encourage you to NOT purchase that make/model.
Instead, purchase this rebranded Dahua, the Amcrest IPM-721. It's 720p, wired/wireless, pan/tilt/digital zoom, built-in mike and speaker with jacks for external mike and speaker, is ONVIF compliant and Blue Iris compatible.
I've installed several of these over the last 3 years and all are still working beautifully. I have one myself.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.