Sealevel activated by water pressure switch

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello. just wondering if anyone could help me out. We have a BI system running at our farm with multiple cameras. Looking to add a sealevel module so that I get alerted on my phone when a certain water line looses pressure. I know I can use a regular pressure switch, but my problem is that I don't believe I can use an ordinary pressure switch. I need to find one that is 12 volt I think. unless I'm not thinking correctly. Bottom line, I'm looking for a solution to notify me ASAP when pressure drops so I can fix the problem before pipes freeze.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
a pressure switch is just a set of contacts activated by a change in pressure. sounds like you need a switch rated at least 12volts (pretty low rating). if you are just using it as a sense device then the current requirements are really minimal, < 1amp. What does the switch connect to?

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You've got tons of options. You can get some that are electrically actuated to close a relay- some that are both NO and NC so you can't get a 'bad' signal easily, etc. I've got ones that'll switch 125V AC and 12VDC, but lower amps o nthe DC.

Those'll get you water switches. Since you want pressure switches you'll probably want to take a look at the ones used in Robotics-

Most can switch on/off with 125VAC easy enough (They're used in compressors).

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
For input to call phone

Or
look at Wyse cam and use the door sensor. The sensors work in 900 mhz band. They say that one sensor bridge with work with over 100 door sensor.
The Wyse can works with bi. Just got to make sure wifi is in the area.

Or

Use a smartphone hub with Windows sensor. They use the input to monitor wired smoke alarm. Then it will call your cellphone.

They will email you when the battery low from what they say.

Just some idea of how I read your thread

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is z wave setup where a window sensor is use with a smart hub to send it to your phone.

kroq83

n3wb
Reaction score
Of I right is to place a z wave light bulb next to the camera computer. Have the smart hub text you and also turn on the light bulb as a back up.

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you guys for the responses. For my setup I bought a water Pressure switch that will be plumbed in my 3/4 pex water line. Was going to buy the sealevel poe120 but don’t know how I should connect the switch to the sealevel module. AC17DEEF-205A-4112-856E-1587856C285E.jpeg

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also can the Sealevel module connect a few switches to it? Was thinking about also adding a flow switch

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ricky Bobbie, I had to read up on Sealevel to figure out what you were talking about! I work in industrial automation so am familiar with digital i/o. I think I might be buying a Sealevel plc to toy with. One thing I would caution you about is those switches are made to start and stop well pumps which you know from the farm. The contacts in it will oxidize and increase resistance over time. This will keep the contacts from making, especially at 12 volts. I use a jeweler's file to burnish the contacts and keep the resistance low. Also, I have had the 1/8" pipe nipple freeze and keep the contacts made even though the pipe failed and pressure dropped. I recently replaced a well system and used a flow switch to start a bleach pump when it saw flow. The SeaDAC lite at $159 has 4 inputs so your pressure switch, flow switch, an old thermostat for a low temperature switch and who knows what else! Good luck!

cams2007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ricky Bobby. I have a 120poe and if the pressure switches have two wires similar to an alarm sensor you can connect it to the 120poe with a 9 volt battery or a plug in power that is of similar voltage. you run one of the wires from the sensor (or pressure switch) to the 120poe input and the other wire to the battery or power source and then the other wire from the battery or power source to the other input on the 120poe. pretty much the same as the connections on a wired alarm. the 120poe has 4 inputs but you can also run the sensors in series and hook more than one sensor up to the input, the only thing with doing that is you will have to physically determine which sensor tripped when you get an alert. hope this helps.

Ricky Bobbie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ricky Bobby. I have a 120poe and if the pressure switches have two wires similar to an alarm sensor you can connect it to the 120poe with a 9 volt battery or a plug in power that is of similar voltage. you run one of the wires from the sensor (or pressure switch) to the 120poe input and the other wire to the battery or power source and then the other wire from the battery or power source to the other input on the 120poe. pretty much the same as the connections on a wired alarm. the 120poe has 4 inputs but you can also run the sensors in series and hook more than one sensor up to the input, the only thing with doing that is you will have to physically determine which sensor tripped when you get an alert. hope this helps.
But can I run 120 volt through switch ? Will the module accept that high of voltage?

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking at the documentation the inputs are rated to 30vdc. If you wanted to use 120vac, you could use relay with a 120vac coil which would close the 30 (or 9vdc) contact to complete the circuit.