SeaLevel USB device SeaDac Lite 8112 integration with BI5

telbouy916

n3wb
Reaction score
Happy Friday.
We are seeking installation/ config and integration of BI and SeaLevel SeaDac Lite 8112. we are working with outputs from DMP 500N fire-berg-access control panel. this panel will provide dry contact closure that will connect to the SeaDac Lite mentioned above. first time we are attempting to integrate all 3 products. SeaLevel, DMP and BI.
We are seeking setup/ configuration instructions for this integration. the process,
someone swipes RFID card, makes an entry on a keypad and so on. the DMP will signal one of the DMP expansion modules zones to close a dry contact. the SeaDac will be triggered via this input then send data to BI. BI will then take a snap shot from a specific camera and save the image to a predetermined file location.
I appreciate any assistance with this fun project!! always willing to help others on this forum, too.

Thanks folks.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you already have the SeaLevel devices? If not, you can also use a $20 Shelly1 wi-fi switch to receive a HTTP command from Blue Iris (BI "output") or to send a HTTP command to Blue Iris (BI "input"). Use 2 Shelly1's to do both as I did here ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices

I also told a forum member about them here ==>> Alarm output NC or NO via wired connection into Camera to trigger BI alerts?

If you want BI to take a snapshot and place it in a folder, have the Shelly1 respond to a relay closure from the DMP, send an HTTP "Trigger" URL to a specific BI camera, that camera will post an image to a specific folder (when configured appropriately).

This is an example HTTP URL for the Shelly1 to send to BI to trigger a specific camera (x = camera's short name):

Code:
http://BI-server-IP:BI-port/admin?camera=x&trigger=1&user=username&pw=password
And I provided a good schematic of the Shelly1's wiring here.

telbouy916

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @TonyR
Sure appreciate your response and advice to this issue.
Will purchase the SeaLevel SeaDac 8112 for another week.
We cannot use wireless devices in this commercial application. this installation is for a public entity and everything has to be hard-wired sadly otherwise Shelly is a pretty diverse and really smart device.

I mentioned DMP just to create the flow of things. DMP (Digital Monitoring Products) is only providing a contact closure (dry contact) and the SeaLevel device gets a 3.xxVDC input into 1 of its 4 input ports with the assistance of a DC power supply.

Thank you![/QUOTE]