Searching For Cameras

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could spec the cameras that i want for my system (9) altogether. They are different depending on the location that i want to put them in. The problem is when i try to search on amazon i get everything under the sun. So, I'm thinking/wondering if there isn't a web site that might exist, that specializes in searching just for IP cams??

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You've been away for a while @Mike K, all this was settled.. just grab a bunch of these: Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) and call it a day.
Tree marketing season has kept me away for a while. I did get the market shed part of the system put together. Back at it now. Still waiting on Comcast to put in their line and hook me up. Also have the BI software on the PC.

Your cam spec looks good for a cpl of my locations but still would like a good search engine that would transcend brands. Any ideas?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I figured you been busy; Here's a list I compiled of all the affordable Dahua Starlights: Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

that should take care of the rest of your locations, try to stick to the varifocal models as they perform better than the fixed.

this site is the best place to find out about various brands; people are always trying new stuff.. However, if you stick with one brand and dont mix-and match then things tend to work out much smoother.

Mike K

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this site is the best place to find out about various brands; people are always trying new stuff.. However, if you stick with one brand and dont mix-and match then things tend to work out much smoother.
OK it looks like there is a good assortment of different types of cams in this brand and you seem to like the Dahua brand, so lets try this one at a time for your recommendation.

Cam #1: Inside, min viewing angle 90 deg to cover the entrance door & 2 windows. Intruder would never be further away than 12' or closer than 2', so focal distance is fairly short but depth of field is necessarily large or need an auto focus. This is a priority Cam for getting a bad guy face video day or night. Also want audio recording. This cam covers everything that happens in my 10'x12' Marketing Shed, when triggered by motion sensor.

Anybody?