Second Driveway Dahua Starlight Turret is up

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Meh, still watching too much grass growing :p

cowbell == zoom ;)
I'll probably tweak it some more, but I also have to leave some leaveway cuz the wife isn't gonna wanna be bothered with having to park in the exact same spot every time like i do, but I should be able to tighten it up a little more lol.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
still looks much better than most people's driveway cams I see posted up here; good work.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
still looks much better than most people's driveway cams I see posted up here; good work.
yeah after fighting with the SD card issue I put it back up last night and didn't feel like farting around with it anymore, and I'm tempted to tweak the position a little more and be done with it, I really want an SD card in it but the only thing I haven't tried is shorting pins to like hardware reset it and I really don't feel like that is gonna do shit lol.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
If anyone tries to break the antenna off the car, you've got 'em covered!

On a serious note, you won't get a headshot when they enter the driveway.
Their head will come into view as they near the back bumper.
Then get 300 PPF?

cowbell == zoom ;)
Too funny!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
If anyone tries to break the antenna off the car, you've got 'em covered!

On a serious note, you won't get a headshot when they enter the driveway.
Their head will come into view as they near the back bumper.
Then get 300 PPF?

Too funny!
back in the driveway the ppf would suck anyways, once they get next to a door where I care about them, its pretty good density lol.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How heigh up is it ?

I now asked the installer to do the cameras at the doors at 180 cm heigh. So they are right in the face..

He did not like it much as heigher from the ceiling elements was more easy (280 cm)
But that wil show me bad haircuts only i think..

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Camera is about 9 feet up centered on the driveway, it's been working great. It gets people coming to the front door also, should have the front door camera up very soon, I've already tested the install location.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this the IPC-HDW5231R-Z? Have to say that looks very very good.

In my case the driveway is the only entrance onto my property unless you climb a wall so I'm putting one of the Ultras on that (IPC-HFW8232E-Z) and going to zoom it right in from 25ft away. Also have a IPC-HDW5231R-Z on the way to compare both. I think though with the price of the Ultras I'll just have one on the money shot....

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this the IPC-HDW5231R-Z? Have to say that looks very very good.

In my case the driveway is the only entrance onto my property unless you climb a wall so I'm putting one of the Ultras on that (IPC-HFW8232E-Z) and going to zoom it right in from 25ft away. Also have a IPC-HDW5231R-Z on the way to compare both. I think though with the price of the Ultras I'll just have one on the money shot....
yes it is a starlight turret, I'm going to use an ultra as my front overview camera in full color mode all the time, most likely.