Seculink HD IP Camera

Reaction score
A friend wants me to install an outdoor HD IP camera to watch his car that has been vandalised more than once but we don't have a huge budget.

I have Ipcameras in my own home (so am familiar with the set-up) that I've had for over 18 months now but none are HD and I assume the options have changed much in the last 18 months.

Looking around I spotted this chinese camera that is in the right price bracket

SECULINK-Waterproof-Megapixel-Security-Camera
Are these worth a punt or should I be looking at a more familiar name?

Many Thanks

Gary

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Me personally haven't heard of that brand, and that's not saying it's no good or anything. You could go with it and see how you go but for approxiamtely the same money, you could get a Hikvision off Aliexpress that the majority seem to be using now to good effect.

Maybe one of the more experienced members will chime in with a suggestion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont buy unknown brands to save a few dollars. You will regret it, particularly if its for someone else. Stick with dahua and hikvision. Where are you going to record to? pc software? For one cam to watch a car your a better of with one that houses an SD card so you can record directly to the card. Like the hikvision http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=9446
The camera you linked to is not POE so you will need to run independent power and data cables which is a pain.

Reaction score
Thank you. Is that camera an outdoor one?

Edit: IP66 sorry, lazy question

Last edited by a moderator: