Security camera craziness!

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Being an avid hunter and gun enthusiast, I can tell you sorting through cameras is like buying a new firearm or bow. What caliber do I want? How far do I want to shoot? What am I hunting?

It's information overload. My cameras passed through customs and would like to buy a couple more for driveway coverage and a couple areas the 4 original cameras may not cover. Running cable in the morning! If I can get into my attic. My wife's favorite hoard location.

The driveway has plenty of light sources. Street lights and motion lights from our house.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Being an avid hunter and gun enthusiast, I can tell you sorting through cameras is like buying a new firearm or bow. What caliber do I want? How far do I want to shoot? What am I hunting?

It's information overload. My cameras passed through customs and would like to buy a couple more for driveway coverage and a couple areas the 4 original cameras may not cover. Running cable in the morning! If I can get into my attic. My wife's favorite hoard location.

The driveway has plenty of light sources. Street lights and motion lights from our house.
Might wanna build a test rig roo, I bought stuff to build one today, will put it together tomorrow

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The ones you highly recommend. Dahua Starlight. My computer is in. BI installed. Extra hard drive installed WD Purple. Didn't have much room for it but did have a port for it. It's zip tied in there and working fine. It's a Dell i7 6700 3.4. Switch will be here Tuesday. Updated my router and it supports VPN. Running 1-1/2 pvc from attic to the switch room in the basement to run cable through.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Went with this switch.

NETGEAR ProSAFE 8-Port PoE Gigabit Smart Managed Switch with 2 Gigabit SFP Ports 53w (GS110TP-200NAS) - Lifetime Warranty

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My night hunting equipment on my AR is a cctv type scope. Pulsar N750 and I use a Flir PS32 handheld thermal imager. Which rocks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Guess I've been doing it wrong. I didn't know one had to have a reason to buy a new gun other than, "Oh look, that's shiny". :)

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am the same way. Depends if I'm buying to shoot 1000 yards or up close. Building a 6.5 Grendel or 6.8 SPC. Tools for the purpose.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used a night vision scope once for Coyote hunting; I had one pinned down 10ft infront of me and after 20mins of looking through the scope at all the bright ass grass I could not find the target so I shouldered the rifle and tried to climb over the barb wire fence.. then the bastard bolted and ran off.

a thermal camera woulda been the shit in that scenario..

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes you are correct. Thermal is beast. Love my handheld. One day will have a thermal scope for the yotes.