Security Camera recommendations

bommar2

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking to finally set up some security cameras on our new house and I've new to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Quick run-down. Looking for 2-3 POE bullet cams to install under the eaves at the corners of my house. Two pointing out to the street (about 30-40 yards from the house to the street). One pointing out to the back yard. The two pointing to the front will have some light at night as I have dusk to dawn floodlights in the front two corners. The backyard is about 3/4 of an acre and wooded. I'm not nearly as concerned about the back as it is very private and fenced in, so I was planning on just having one bullet cam pointed out from under the eave towards the backyard and workshop. I was also planning on a dome cam over the front door under a covered porch. I was initially looking at Hikvision cams but was pointed here by several people.

In addition to this, I understand I would need a POE injector and an NVR. I have a desktop that could handle the cameras, but we are phasing that out because the office will be turning into a bedroom before too long. I would just like something that could eventually handle up to 8 cameras (will add inside later on) and enough to store footage for a week or two and the ability to view it over the phone.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey @bommar2, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm emailing you directly, let me know if it doesn't come through.