Security Guard Shoots Robbers Holding Up A 7 Eleven With A Fake Gun.. "Am I shot? Oh fck Yeah!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I love that..... it's fake, it's fake.

Security guard, well mine is real.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually the gentleman stated "Mines is real"

GSMarquis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are there any repercussions for the guard?

sleetdawg

n3wb
Reaction score
Are there any repercussions for the guard?
Hopefully a bonus for helping take out the trash :)

And hopefully he will spend it on a higher capacity semi auto pistol instead of the revolver. While he got 2 out of the 3 shots for sure, I would not want to knowingly take on multiple assailants with only 6 in the cylinder.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Probably 20 yrs for attempted murder in the UK plus a lawsuit for injuries from the attackers. In the US, I'm guessing it probably comes under the auspices of self defence.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This video will soon be on Youtube "Active Self Protection" series, if it isn't already. Lessons learned: #1 Preparation (knowing exactly what the threat is, amount of shooters, and preparing yourself mentally/physically prior to entering scene), #2 Decisive Action (taking first shot from cover/concealment before announcing yourself, taking out principle threat first with disabling bullet to shooting shoulder, then disabling other threat) and #3 Proper Legal Restraint (once both threat actors are disabled NOT firing additional rounds, securing the area, and instructing employee to call 911).

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably 20 yrs for attempted murder in the UK plus a lawsuit for injuries from the attackers. In the US, I'm guessing it probably comes under the auspices of self defence.
In any sensible world he potentially saved the life of the cashier. Hero is what he is.

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This video will soon be on Youtube "Active Self Protection" series, if it isn't already. Lessons learned: #1 Preparation (knowing exactly what the threat is, amount of shooters, and preparing yourself mentally/physically prior to entering scene), #2 Decisive Action (taking first shot from cover/concealment before announcing yourself, taking out principle threat first with disabling bullet to shooting shoulder, then disabling other threat) and #3 Proper Legal Restraint (once both threat actors are disabled NOT firing additional rounds, securing the area, and instructing employee to call 911).
Disabling shot? Who teaches using a "disabling shot". If you are going to shoot you shoot to kill, period, center of mass. Highest probability of hitting your target. Trying to shoot for the shoulder more likely means you are dead after you miss.

Penhead

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My money is on this being staged, try to find some real facts not just the "reporter" narrating the video with text. Names, condition, charges pending, etc. no where on the web or New Jersey papers. Nice play they put on for the media to run with, ha ha.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Disabling shot? Who teaches using a "disabling shot". If you are going to shoot you shoot to kill, period, center of mass. Highest probability of hitting your target. Trying to shoot for the shoulder more likely means you are dead after you miss.
No, you shoot to stop the threat. If you go further than that, it's murder.
Guard wasn't trying for a disabling shot. He was a poor gun handler, and is lucky he hit the first guy at all.
But he still got the job done.

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That's not the point. You don't shoot to disable. You shoot to kill or you don't shoot at all. Any law enforcement agency will tell you that as will any gun use training facilities. I never said "keep shooting until he's dead". There's a big difference between what I said and "murder".

To further clarify... when I say "shoot to kill" what I really mean is shoot to hit and eliminate the threat. In pretty much every case this means center of mass. Shooting after the threat is eliminated would be excessive and as you say possibly grounds for murder.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This incident 'might have' happened at a 7-Eleven in Hamilton, NJ on Jan 15 2018. However, it's hard to know what is staged and what is fake news. What do you want to believe?

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This incident 'might have' happened at a 7-Eleven in Hamilton, NJ on Jan 15 2018. However, it's hard to know what is staged and what is fake news. What do you want to believe?
No muzzle flash, no recoil. I call BS on it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Most convenient stores where I have been involved with, have audio recording at the counter where transactions are. It looks real and the security is probably carrying a 38 with a longer barrel. A revolver never jams and he got the job done weather these guys are dead or not. Probably a lot less legal crap for the security guard if they live.

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at the video, and the blood stain on the guys arm, I'm guessing it's not staged... unless they staged the blood. Also the guard is acting fairly irratic and "unscripted" so I'm thinking it's real. Who knows though.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at the video, and the blood stain on the guys arm, I'm guessing it's not staged... unless they staged the blood. Also the guard is acting fairly irratic and "unscripted" so I'm thinking it's real. Who knows though.
Could be done easily though with either a squib or someone off camera applying the blood whilst the guy with the "gun" is out of shot on the floor.

I agree that from a law enforcement POV, you shoot centre mass. As I said above though, in the UK we don't have that luxury. I once witnessed a guy with a screwdriver breaking into cars snatching stereos next to a clay pigeon shoot - ie read lots of guys with loaded shotguns. Not one person did anything to intervene. When I spoke to the shooters afterwards, they told me they were too scared to even threaten and detain the guy as they feared losing their licence and / or freedom if they did.