IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Rhea V2.800.0000016.0.R.200430 Latest new firmware

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to upgrade after reboot but it didn't work. So i followed your method and then web gui showed upgrading and a progress bar. And then boom web site couldn't be reached. I thought its restarting. Waited for some time but can't login using same ip . And dont get any ping response either. I disconnected power to POE switch (accessible quickly) and reconnected after a minute. Now it shows an ip not in my dhcp range. And I cant login to that new adreess either. Any thoughts?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sounds like you did a factory default if the IP changed. You need the config tool to change the IP. Config Tool or plug in the camera directly to a laptop, change your laptop's adapter settings so it matches the new IP of the camera . Then log into the camera and change the IP from the gui.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried to upgrade after reboot but it didn't work. So i followed your method and then web gui showed upgrading and a progress bar. And then boom web site couldn't be reached. I thought its restarting. Waited for some time but can't login using same ip . And dont get any ping response either. I disconnected power to POE switch (accessible quickly) and reconnected after a minute. Now it shows an ip not in my dhcp range. And I cant login to that new adreess either. Any thoughts?

Is the new IP by chance in the 10.x.x.x range?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just wondered if you are using an NVR with built in PoE switch the camera would default to a 10.x.x.x address. If so you should be able to access it via the web interface of the NVR

If a non PoE NVR connected to an external switch it should have defaulted to 192.168.1.108

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nothing is working. I took it down and connected to to computer. Not showing in config tool or smart pss. Before connecting I changed computer ip to static in 192.168.x.x. next, i tried to reset by using reset button. No use. Not showing or responding to ping. Tried pinging default 192.168.1.108. anyone got a better solution?

I am connecting to power using a POE injector that's working in normal condition. I use PC not NVR.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Nothing is working. I took it down and connected to to computer. Not showing in config tool or smart pss. Before connecting I changed computer ip to static in 192.168.x.x. next, i tried to reset by using reset button. No use. Not showing or responding to ping. Tried pinging default 192.168.1.108. anyone got a better solution?

I am connecting to power using a POE injector that's working in normal condition. I use PC not NVR.

Unplug POE. Open Camera, find the reset button, hold it tight, and plugin the POE. Let it powercycle after holding the reset for 30 seconds. Thén it will be on 192.168.1.108 (or was it 192.168.0.108).

Good luck!
CC

Schnoidz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've also run into problems using config tool or smart pss to change the address. After doing the reset I log into the camera @ 192.168.1.108 and use the settings to reset the IP address.

2020-05-23-14-39-18.jpg

thacc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Will this firmware work as well on the IPC-HW5231RP-ZE?
I have two of these but encounter strange stalls on both since some weeks, where they are no longer reachable after a short time up & running (between minutes and hours).

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated my camera and can no longer access it via web interface.
The camera is still works and records on my nas, it is also recognized in smart pss and shows the new firmware.
How to fix the web access?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Updated my camera and can no longer access it via web interface.
The camera is still works and records on my nas, it is also recognized in smart pss and shows the new firmware.
How to fix the web access?
Did you reboot your camera before upgrading?
Did you factory reset your camera before upgrading?
Maybe little too late (but worthwhile remembering for "next" time), you can try to:
  • factory reset through ConfigTool (dahuatoolbox component)
  • factory reset through SmartPSS
  • hardware factory reset through the button inside your camera.

Good luck!
CC

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you reboot your camera before upgrading?
Did you factory reset your camera before upgrading?
Maybe little too late (but worthwhile remembering for "next" time), you can try to:

Good luck!
CC
No I didn't. I didn't know I had to.
I did firmware updates multiple times and never reset it neither BEFORE nor after the update.
The Andy's post also doesn't mention that.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These instructions also do not mention resetting the camera.
Also I don't want to reconfigure all the parameters every time I update it.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
These instructions also do not mention resetting the camera.
Also I don't want to reconfigure all the parameters every time I update it.
If you encounter "weird" behavior (some bits work some bits don't), then you either keep things as they are, or you try to fix them. Doing a factory reset is the first thing to consider. Reconfiguring the parameters is the least of your concerns, because maybe some of the inherited parameters did exactly cause these "bit that don't work anymore". Dahua (nor any other brand) will test each firmware with all possible configuration settings. If you have a 1 in a million specific (exotic) setup, you should care about this factory reset. Plus, do not forget: ample users are running on an NVR, which also plays an important part in "passing on" parameters from the NVR to the camera.

Good luck!
CC

PS. Andy did post somewhere that doing a factory reset will never harm you.

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you can try to:
Can't see an option to do a factory reset via ConfigTool or SmartPSS

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unplug POE. Open Camera, find the reset button, hold it tight, and plugin the POE. Let it powercycle after holding the reset for 30 seconds. Thén it will be on 192.168.1.108 (or was it 192.168.0.108).

Good luck!
CC
I did this and still nothing. @EMPIRETECANDY any suggestions?

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK I did reset using the reset button but still the same issue
Web interface is not available. Already spent like 2 hours on this crap, had to go dismount the camera.
I think that's my last dahua camera. Maybe the're good when whey work but their software is just piece of shit.

Last edited: