IPC-HDW5231R-ZE Rhea V2.800.0000016.0.R.200430 Latest new firmware

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As always the advice stands, if it's not broke, don't fix it.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
As always the advice stands, if it's not broke, don't fix it.
Unless it confirmed to have a security vulnerably then it will be wise to update.

Even if the camera is blocked from accessing the internet which still doesn't protect it if the router were to be hacked. Routers getting hacked are rare but it does happens.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Is this update for both models? I have multiple IPC-HDW5831R-ZE without logo.
There on

V2.800.0000010.0.R, Build Date: 2019-08-07

Do i need to upgrade to: Rhea_Eng_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000013.0.R.191202 first? of can I use this one?
YES, HDW52/54/56/5831R-ZE all can work

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just updated all of my 5231s. I exported settings and then defaulted each camera before applying the firmware upgrade. No issues with any of the upgrades. Thanks @EMPIRETECANDY!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless it confirmed to have a security vulnerably then it will be wise to update.

Even if the camera is blocked from accessing the internet which still doesn't protect it if the router were to be hacked. Routers getting hacked are rare but it does happens.
This is incorrect. If your router is hacked (which is not going to happen on a modern updated unit) then the hacker has direct access to your network and doesnt need to hack your camera. Furthermore, there are exploits and vulnerabilities that are not patched on the camera anyway dahua is months behind known vulnerabilities. IF someone has the technical skill to hack your router the least of your worries is the camera. Most of my old dahuas have the default 12345 - back then the firmware did not force you to change your password.

Most importantly using your logic, you would need to throw out any camera or nvr that is no longer supported by firmware updates. So essentially every 4 year old device.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
This is incorrect. If your router is hacked (which is not going to happen on a modern updated unit) then the hacker has direct access to your network and doesnt need to hack your camera. Furthermore, there are exploits and vulnerabilities that are not patched on the camera anyway dahua is months behind known vulnerabilities. IF someone has the technical skill to hack your router the least of your worries is the camera. Most of my old dahuas have the default 12345 - back then the firmware did not force you to change your password.

Most importantly using your logic, you would need to throw out any camera or nvr that is no longer supported by firmware updates. So essentially every 4 year old device.

Like I said, if the router are hacked then blocking your camera is not going to do any good or any hardwares which are connected to the hacked router.

We don't have camera indoor, it all outdoor only and in public domain so what our camera see is what the public around me see also. I don't give a crap if the camera or nvr get hacked. it just to let me know if someone walking on my grass or doing damage on my property. Last year, someone hit my parked car and took off. It was a teenager and we were able to trace it back to him to make his parents pay the damage because of all the cameras outdoor.

Have camera indoor won't do any good anyway. It not going to stop a masked burglar to keep burglarizing your home. if they see a camera indoor, they will be laughing at it giving it the finger LOL .....

I recommend this site to stay in the loop about router security - Router Security

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said, if the router are hacked then blocking your camera is not going to do any good or any hardwares which are connected to the hacked router.

We don't have camera indoor, it all outdoor only and in public domain so what our camera see is what the public around me see also. I don't give a crap if the camera or nvr get hacked. it just to let me know if someone walking on my grass or doing damage on my property. Last year, someone hit my parked car and took off. It was a teenager and we were able to trace it back to him to make his parents pay the damage because of all the cameras outdoor.

Have camera indoor won't do any good anyway. It not going to stop a masked burglar to keep burglarizing your home. if they see a camera indoor, they will be laughing at it giving it the finger LOL .....

I recommend this site to stay in the loop about router security - Router Security
You misunderstood. Again, if the router is hacked they dont need access to the camera or they can access the camera regardless. Its like saying, in addition to a deadbolt, stick a piece of gum on your door to secure it.
It doesnt matter if your cameras are only outdoor, if you port forward and expose the cams or nvr the hacker now has access to a ip device on your network.
Indoor cameras are extremely useful. They provide real-time information as to whether an intruder is actually in the premises and where. For example, even if you have footage showing someone entering the back door, you now have to watch 3-4 different cameras to determine if that person exited the premises at some point via any exit.

Understand that this latest "security" patch is already vulnerable to other types of hacks that dahua has not yet addressed. Its useless.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
You misunderstood. Again, if the router is hacked they dont need access to the camera or they can access the camera regardless. Its like saying, in addition to a deadbolt, stick a piece of gum on your door to secure it.
That what I am saying all along. I guess language barrier then. I am Deaf since birth so English isn't my primary language anyway.. sorry if I didn't read your post correctly.

irarum

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
PM me if you need help in this
I can't thank you enough for this. My camera is working now. I also want to stress the importance of setting to default before and after update

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. Configuration file only contain information / database of the firmware's setting and not the actual firmware itself..

It's a small size file whixh is about 100KB. I don't think there is any harm using the same conguiration between firmware version.

I don't always import it back in but there are some days when I am lazy to restore settings manually between firmware version so I import it back in.
I wouldn't do this, set it up from scratch. Importing a config file could cause issue's.

Kendive

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I have quite of few of these cameras and just ordered two more from Andy.

So all mine are connected to an 32 ch Dahua NVR and I can access each camera direct through the web browser. See below

And I get this page and it seems I can preform the upgrade here.

My question is if I do this will it reset any settings in the NVR? I would think not since it's just the camera that is being updated. I don't set up anything through the camera it's all down with the NVR.

Thanks...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I have quite of few of these cameras and just ordered two more from Andy.

So all mine are connected to an 32 ch Dahua NVR and I can access each camera direct through the web browser. See below

And I get this page and it seems I can preform the upgrade here.

My question is if I do this will it reset any settings in the NVR? I would think not since it's just the camera that is being updated. I don't set up anything through the camera it's all down with the NVR.

Thanks...

It's always recommended to reset the camera to factory defaults prior to and again after updating.
The best advice is, if it's not broke don't fix it. Your remote access to the NVR should be setup with a VPN and not any port forwarding. How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk
That would negate the need for "security updates".

Kendive

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's always recommended to reset the camera to factory defaults prior to and again after updating.
The best advice is, if it's not broke don't fix it. Your remote access to the NVR should be setup with a VPN and not any port forwarding. How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) | IP Cam Talk
That would negate the need for "security updates".
Yes always use a VPN... Thanks for the advice.

I will leave them alone. They work great. Just moved the entire system to a another new house we just bought.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000016.0.R.200605.zip

this firmwarel has a newer one coming out again.