Seems like some teenagers were pissed of @ Auto Track

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
After 2 years today finally I had some Kids/teenager who seems to not like so many cams I got or the Auto track of the PTZ. They were just showing middle finger to the camera and all worked up about the camera and left. Anyhow As long they can keep it to themself I wont really care. Was wondering anyone else here had anything like this ?

Reason - Did not post any pic/video since they are just teenager/kids.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They probably figured you were watching them live LOL. Most people have no idea some of these can autotrack.

When one neighbor noticed it, I assured her I was not checking her out LOL and the camera autotracks and proved it to her and she was fine and now appreciates the camera and has no problem walking her dog at night now knowing my camera is tracking her and she feels safer now LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only thing that would have made that better was if he walked into a telephone pole not paying attention LOL.

It did look like he smirked at the end so I think he was just screwing with you LOL

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Usually the auto track even with the 2.0 version of it. I have noticed It usually stops tracking for my cam as well,

for ex. if say the Subject either goes say behind a pole for a brief moment or stops.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
i got a kick on how the auto-tracking decided the brick post was more intersting than the guy walking by...
Yeah, they are sensitive to various settings like the target distance setting and the angle. . But still when it gets to a close wall or telephone pole in the foreground it can lose track. That wall is difficult, but then again I dont care where they go from there...I'd say its about 90%+ good though

View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20210215085109_20210215085212.mp4

View attachment HOA Entr_ch1_20210308140458_20210308140524.mp4

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Actually its a bit messed up at the moment. I moved the Preset 1 just a tiny little bit and it tends to look a bit too far down now. Thats why its catching the pole and wall more, and what I mean about sensitive to angle.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
SD6AL445XA-HNR-IR 4MP 45x Starlight IR AI PTZ

Its a great camera, only negative is low light in color mode. But that's simply due to the sensor. In B&W with IR its almost as good at night as it is during the day

I have a review up but many of the videos are deleted due to me getting pissed off at the liberal censorship of Youtube. There's still a few here:
REVIEW: SD6AL445XA-HNR-IR 4MP 45x Starlight IR AI PTZ

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
The only thing that would have made that better was if he walked into a telephone pole not paying attention LOL.
I was thinking the same thing.

Many years ago when I was living in NOLA a couple of us were walking down Baronne Street at lunch time. It was a nice warm spring day and a little breezy as it can be in downtown NOLA. There were a couple of fine young ladies in skirts walking on the other side of the street. One of the guys spent a little too long walking while checking them out and walked right into a no parking sign. We were walking fairly fast and he cut his head on the edge of the pole. Ended up going to Charity ER for three stiches. A couple of weeks later, he did the same thing but it was a fire hydrant the he tripped over. When he hit the ground with his chin, he broke a front tooth that drove through his bottom lip. Another two stiches at Charity. The ER nurse told him that after three visits, the forth was free. She asked how it happened and he actually fessed up and told her. She had a good laugh. He ended up dating her for a while but it did not work out in the end.