Semi hot deal... OEM Dahua N44BG53 4MP IP

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
$80 each - Montavue MTT4870 cameras. I bought two.... there are 4 left.

Also- if you use eBay often, you "might" have a message from eBay to activate 8 or 10 percent eBay Bucks bonus for the next two days. That effectively drops the price to as low as $72 each (just have to wait 3 months for the current Bucks period to end).

Montavue 4MP 2K H.265+ HD IP IR Turret Audio Camera MTT4870 | eBay

These are OEM Dahua and for worldwide so "should" be able to update the firmware. Most likely with regular Dahua firmware.

These are identical spec to Dahua N44BG53. https://us.dahuasecurity.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Datasheet_LITE_4MP_FixedEyeballCamera_N44BG52_N44BG53_v001_005.pdf

These are a current model but these are not Starlight sensors... Still an excellent camera for many uses. The Montavue specs show that all of the IVS features are intact so it does not appear as though they have neutered any features out. The firmware on the Montavue site appears to be untouched HX5X3X Rhea firmware (General_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_N_Stream3_V2.622.0000000.18.R.20171110.bin) and looking in the firmware I did not see any transforms between the OEM and real Dahua model numbers like I have found on another OEM brand which is also an excellent sign. Most likely just non-logo official Dahua OEM firmware.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So - update on the Montavue MTT4870 cameras. I ordered a couple of them the day I posted and they arrived this morning via USPS. Typical OEM Dahua plain brown box with a Montavue label. No (somewhat crappy quality) network cable is included with these. Took one out and first thing I noticed is that it is not white but instead a light grey color which looks nice. It has the full metal housing. Plugged it in and it has OEM (non-logo) 2.460 late 2017 firmware. All of the IVS features including face detection, Smart Plans, etc. are present and it appears than nothing was stripped out or that there is anything custom at all about the firmware. Just plain Dahua OEM firmware.

So - I downloaded the very latest firmware available. This one is VERY new and changes the version up to 2.640 late May 2018 firmware (this is Dahua logo branded firmware). Link if you want it... https://dahuawiki.com/images/Firmware/DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523 (1).zip
I dont have a release notes for this firmware but it is very very new and the camera took it using the web interface (select the DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Internal_PN_Stream3_V2.640.0000002.0.R.180523.bin file) just fine and after rebooting presented me with the newer firmware screens like accept license agreement, etc. Works perfect and afterwards it now reports itself as a different model Dahua. lol Virtually identical and identical specs so N44BG53 is correct but so is IPC-HDW4431EM-AS. If you pull the datasheets for both, they have identical specs and use the same firmware. So the camera's version screen reports it as a IPC-HDW4431EM-AS. One new thing I spotted in this new firmware is on the System>Security screen, there is now a System Service tab which gives you the ability to permanently enable/disable some specific services which is nice. Screenshot is attached(the truncated line of text is Audio & Video Transmission Encryption) along with a pic of the camera itself next to a Dahua wedge so you can see the color difference in the housings.

So anyways for a genuine international / US Dahua this is a darn good deal and that seller still has 3 left. Glad I gave it a go and happy to report that Montavue did not cripple the firmware in any way (unlike some of the OEM brands) and that you can simply update it to the latest firmware no problem. Also that firmware I linked is for a TON of different models, changeable from NTSC/PAL and has 14 languages. :)

Click for full size....
services.jpg cams21.jpg